Sunday, January 28, 2007

Exploring alternatives



Spending my saturday in school, turned out to pleasantly enjoyable. For one, i realised that almost everyone else is stuck in school with saturday lessons, while i, am stuck in school discussing projects, punctuated with frequent gossips!

What's more, I received a surprise pressie from zoe, and it turned out to be a cute stripey boxer! It's cute, Thank you girlie!!

The both of us decided to venture into Chinatown to as i'll call it, "explore alternatives", as we are both extremely sick of shopping in the usual places.
Unknowingly, today happened to be the launch of Chinese new year festive decoration and fireworks et cetera.

I was admiring the huge artificial tree that was planted along the side of the road, but i would say that the pink blossoms were a shade too unnatural for my liking.

My gawd! It was freaking crowded, and at some point during the squeeze, this sweaty uncle brushed his sweaty hands on mine!!!!

Double Eeeeeeuuuw and yucks!!! Freaking disgusting and gross, and i'm sure most of you would have experienced the sweaty arm brushing some point in time. The ordeal left me spending cursing, swearing for the next hour of my life, as I took comfort in the fact that i wiped my arm off the sleeves of other passerbys who bumped into me.

Zoe couldnt stop laughing at the entire incident...and i shouldnt go into details, to save myself from disapproving comments that i might face. ( No, not the swearing bits)

Due to a slight change in the retail settings, shopping turned out to be pretty good, though i wouldnt say that the merchandise prices is any cheaper there.

Mid shopping, I had a view of the fireworks and it's oh-so-pretty, as usual. Love the ones that with the gold confetti sprinkle in the sky effect. Slight deafening experience for my ears though.

I wouldnt mind exploring more of Chinatown sometime again, when it is less crowded, say after the Chinese New Year?