Saturday, August 04, 2007

dance!

This week's a little crazy.
I have been dancing alittle too much for this week.

My feet hurts alittle, but looks abused mostly.
My right toe nail is peeling off like the top of the onion skin..but i'm thankful that it didnt break off and bleed all over, like the last time.

Maybe i should get myself a pair of safety shoes for Salsa...
you know, construction workers and their safety boots....
but i have no clue if safety dance shoes even exists!

I cannot help but feel like a klutz whenever i social dance. I feel lost being spun around, being out of control, and having absolutely no say in where and what i am going to do next. (even if the bugger's making a fool out of me, i'll have no choice but to smile graciously)
-
Looking at salsa from the feminist point of view, as Da and i discussed a while back..
Salsa requires the female to be a follower, and the male to take on the role of the lead.
That is absolutely old fashion and absurb!
It can be accepted as a form of dance, but NEVER be accepted as a way of life.

Blessed with my own set of opinions, ideals and expectations, i have a mind of my own.
Mommy raised me up, to do what i think is right, not what others think is right.

This is a very random entry i must say. Hahah