Wednesday, August 22, 2007

School of Rock preparations

Days have been wheezing past me rather quickly these day, like a blur.
One thing for sure, i havent been productive in anyway. Boo!

I'm trying my best to recall what i've been up to, but pictures always works the best to jolt my lousy memory bank.

I was involved in the launch of the Shell Helix lubricants on Wednesday and Thursday.

It was pretty fun, but tiring. As i have been pretty lazy with pictures, i left the cam whoring to the other girls, and therefore images of me are somewhat stuck with the official photographer of the event, and my colleague.

Thursday was rather horrid.

The media launch party was held at Clark Quay, The arena.
Everything went smoothly, until i met the "Groper", and the "Sandpaper hand uncle".
Gross la! Who would have thought that i would be molested at the product launch of an engine lubricant?!

Groper took the opportunity to caress my right ass while my hands were holding on to the laptop, on the pretext of wanting to know what material my uniform was made of.
A blind would be able to tell him that my uniform is made from PVC. It's not a rare material, but merely a stupid excuse! He then went on to finger the little fabric at the slit on my right thigh.

Not that i didnt want to react, but everything happened too fast and unanticipated, i was too traumatised to react in time. I felt bad for my right butt the rest of the night.

Sandpaper hand uncle on the other hand, decided that he fancies touching hands.
So he held on to the hands of JiaLi and me, whenever he gets the chance to.
He also told me the unbelievable!

"you're so sweet! If some guys are unable to sleep tonight, it would be because of you". He said.

It was lucky that i went dinnerless, because i swear my innards were threatening to churn out just from listening.
Because of height factors, sandpaper hand uncle also kept placing his head somewhere near my neck/head/shoulder area, whenever he tries to talk to me.

Yes, it is extremely gross.
Because it was a media launch, i decided to try grit my teeth, and be as gracious as i can, by tolerating such nonsense.
Urgh!

I never faced stupid situations like this with drinking and drunk people when pushing for beer, so why do i have to deal with nonsense from undrunk bastards? Somehow, i think the most dangerous place, is actually the safest place.

Saturday
Caught the boring fireworks while i was at work at Mandarin Marina's Atruim Lounge. Drop by, if you happen to be there, I'll be stuck working at the Atrium Lounge every friday and saturday til at least the mid of September!

I bought loads of cakes from Marina Mandarin's Senses, while working.
They are: 1 x Mango cheesecake, 2x Tiramisu and 1x Chocolate Royale.

My verdict: i preferred the Tiramisu most, as it was enjoyable, followed by the chocolate royale for their crunchy bits infused into the cake, and lastly the mango cheesecake, which in my opinion, isnt too fantastic, considering that the 3 flavours that i bought, are supposed to be their specialty cakes.

There was supposed to be 4 specialty flavours, but Rachel bought the last of the 4th flavour away! Boo!



Went for supper at Crystal Jade, Holland village after work.
Borrowed XT's nerdy Paul Frank glasses for a try, and i like her glasses!

It's been like forever, that i have been hunting for a huge pair of glasses. I am sick of those sleek, professional looking ones, that you have to peer through. The paul franks gives you a big scope of vision la! Hahahah! Looks nerdy, but i like!


I thought the idea of this necklace is pretty cool! The designer actually joined up multiple filigrees to create the effect. She's good, Respect! Hoo!


Been shopping too much for my own good as usual though. Definitely bad for the pockets.
Gah!
Monday
My hair's been altered, and i am currently grunge princess no more.
For now i'm either looking cute, or toot.
I look less tired for sure, with the fringe. Yay!

Went shopping after i was done with my hair, and I went home with loads of stuff.

There's the very dramatic red bohemian skirt that's now sitting with the alteration tailor (because i'm too lazy to fix up major alterations such changing the proportions of the skirt)

A neon pink+ olive green bat sleeve blouse

The white version of my black banded black mini.

Grey boxers

A grey dotted camisole.

I love you Da! (actually it's your card that i fancy better! Hah!) Speaking of which, Da came back from her msia+Bangkok trip and got me loads of stuff too! There's the cute black bra with dotted ribbon, the skull camisole set and the meow tee that i settled for. *grinz*


Tuesday
Decided that i should start assembling my outfit for Saturday's School of Rock Bash at St James.
Since i still had my make up on, i decided to add on stuff, and did a random mock up of possible looks for the Bash.

Da and i concluded that we're kinda hopeless, as being unable to create a "rock chic" style.
She suggested that with my current hair, i should try an emily the strange look. -_-"
Whatever it is, i need solutions to creating my tattoo !

Next Da tried coloring stars on my face, add purple glitter and i randomly look like a character off pokemon or a witch, or something. It's horrible!

What i have in mind, is somewhat like Miami Ink's Kat Von D's left profile. She practically tattoos stars all over her face. It's pretty cool, but definitely unachievable with temporary solutions such as liquid liners, or eyeliners or whatever. Gah! Help, anyone?

In anycase, i am so in love with the pink wedge that i saw earlier.

I need to buy:
black floral lace
pink wedge
T sandals
black boots
black fishnet stockings (optional)
On the lookout for pretty tubes - trust me, you would have think that tubes are pretty easy to locate, but i have yet to spot a single normal and nice looking tube to buy. Current fashion precedes the basic staples, it is freaking ridiculous.
Fake eyelashes

Other than tube hunting, i think the rest are pretty attainable. Busy week ahead for me.

I have to start on my school work soon. Deadlines are approaching.
Urgh!