Friday, October 26, 2007

Blue Mag we love!

Was reading Larlin's entry titled To Blue Mag with love, and it occured to me that school life is almost reaching its end soon, and i am indeed glad to know that my existence in the much hated SIM, did make a little difference to my friends.

Without them, i would not have come to terms with my hatred for school, and in fact learn to accept school as the way it is.

Thinking back, I recall hating school tremendously. I was crap in all the subject modules that i was taking (and still at it now), and i couldn't really get along with the friends that i was hanging out with back then. Council seemed like the only outlet for me, as it was the only thing that i was better at, in comparison.

It's cute to reminise, and ponder about how much everyone has changed and grown, and particularly how much i have evolved mentally and emotionally as a person. I am ever so thankful to have met a few dynamic individuals who have played an important role in shaping and altering my perspectives.

Learning to "give chance", this impactful individual left an impression in my life. He taught me the true theory of leaving no man behind, and his actions provided me with a new introspective towards how a good leader behaves.
We may have our shares of violent quarrels back in our council day, but we also had/have our share of random violent laughs about everything else.
Coming from the words of an obnoxious girl like me, he is indeed someone i truly respect in school.
By repect, i mean taking advise , and willingly heed instructions, without questioning, opposing and rebelling. After all, everyone knows how feisty and defiant Daphne can be on a daily basis.

So yes boss, if my attendance at the Chalet is required, my attendance it shall be.
No matter what job that comes my way, be it $40, 50, or a thousand an hour, i will be at the chalet. *Thank you for changing the chalet dates for me, and you still owe me 5 mins of turtle in the atrium!
- salutes-

Not bothering about how people would view and think about me has always been an integral part of Daphne, after all, i come as i like, i leave as i like, and i dress as i deem right. NO one tells me what to do, much less for me to bother about being appreciated and liked by the masses. It's no surprise to hear that i left a distinctly scary, aloof and unapproachable impression on most girls . Hahaha.

To that, i've learn to soften my facade, but i swear that i'll look like a retard if i start walking around school smiling like a halloween pumkin to every crazy ass that i meet, and there is a certain image that i have to keep up, so attitude = style. I am sorry that i have to maintain my image of aloofness as ice queen. Hahahha.

However, I am thankful for the handful of girlfriends who despite my very austere exterior, have sweeten my school life like ASPARTAME! Artificially sweetening my very gross school life! Hahaha! Lame, i know.
It's often not easy for me to relate to girls, mainly because i hate talking about bimbotic subjects, as it's too superficial for my liking - for i cannot bring myself to lie with my eyes wide open, declaring to a fat girl that she's skinny, just to go through the entire girl talk ritual.
It's good that you girls love me as the way i am, taking well to my blunt and truthful retorts (i hope!)

I've also learnt to be vegetarian friendly, though it seems like it is no longer necessary anymore ( i'm proud of you!), and i have grown myself some tolerance in the process (despite still having a lower threshold as compared to everyone else), it never fail to amaze me, that Blue mag has like a neverending threshold towards our egg disposing friend therefore sparking off project "give chance", but i really prefer to observe the project as a third party, rather than to immerse myself into the project.

In deed, i learnt not only tolerance but kindness, patience, commitment and goodness, from my fellow gossip/bitching lecture comrade-in-crime (who so happen to dye his eye brow to match his hair color), with his commitment to what i call his social project, and for going along with most of my crazy idea, like consuming my fruity vodka conoction, rose wine and many whatnots, while we were slaving over projects, listening to my rants during lecture, and Zouking.

I'm not going to name every single thing that every individual has done to shaped my perceptions, because it will take forever, but in truth, everyone has taught me something, be it a direct or indirect matter. And most importantly, for all our crazy antics, Blue mag rocks!

Just think about how we have all learnt to be alcoholics! For that matter, just start counting how many individuals have puked during or after our gatherings?
For starters, Daphne puked at Kenny's house, Robin puked after leaving Daphne's place, and so did Lailin on a seperate occassion! Tsk tsk tsk. There must have been more, only that i wasn't aware of it.
So you see, what bad friends I have! Hahahaha.