Friday, October 26, 2007

Forbidden city, wild bunch, and nu you 2007!

Judging from my actions, you could tell that they were really candid. I was looking totally ugly that day! The aftermath of facial! Spotty dots littered across the face! No face gook! Crazy hair, and that's Daphne in her natural state for you! The evil neh neh still wanted to capture random pictures of me! Tsk tsk, how could you?! Hahahaha! It was lucky that i reacted in time!
I ended up buying the entire array of shoes there! How frightful is that?!
(nahhh only bought the black one that i tried on. Heeheehee)
Next day, while studying with the boys + Lailin... i bought this for a snack!
Ooh, it got me thinking about doughnuts for days!
I've been having too much food cravings of late! Bad! I'm sooo gonna get fat!

One moment it was doughnuts, next was white chocolate, followed by Black Caitaokuay (Carrotcake), Marigold peach jelly, and now the Wagyu burger -No time to venture out to satisfy my "exotic craving :( .

Some days later, I went over to Clark Quay for a "drinking" session, and i took this! It's soooooo pretty! Especially after the fountain was shut down (later in the night), i was tempted to prance and dance around the place, because it was soooooooooo pretty!
Short of the fact that everyone would think i'm mad, i was also feeling alittle shy about it.
But it's a real nice mental image though! Hahahaha.

We then snucked over to the forbidden city, and sat around for a few hours. The place was quiet, considering that it was a monday night, and the chandeliers are pretty!
So i kept taking pictures of them.
Mr ugly fish and his friends swimming around (it's huge and really hideous!)
I'd say that the exterior of the place seem more promising than its interior, because of the display of the terracota soldiers, and its name. However, the lack of congruency in concept for its interior was disappointing.
In the toilet... fooling around with the mirror
and there's my usual "apparition" hiding behind me in the mirror!
Oh! oh! The skirt! I altered the looks of it! Lalala, don't you think it's cuter?! Remember in my previous entry, i mentioned that i made a mini pleated skirt, and thought it was alittle too long? After alterations, i think it generally looks better now! Something to do with the contrast edges, i'd think!

So the story goes...i decided that a particular dress is too long for my liking, so i trimmed off some of the length, the excess fabric from the dress was then attached onto my pleated skirt.

Excess fabric from triming my pleated skirt was then transferred onto a top, that is to be converted into a halter top! The straps of the top was losing its elascity.
Chain effect from 3 pieces of clothing! What greater way to innovate? Hahahahha!
The sense of achievement that one gets from sewing up a mini skirt from the scratch, is priceless! *beams*


Met Ben for lunch today, and we decided to venture over to Wild Bunch for a drink, after a heavy lunch at Sushi Tei. Turns out to be a mistake on my part! I knew Wild Bunch was a juice bar, but what i didnt know, was that Wild Bunch serves only organic Vegetable juice in shot glasses! Urghh! Talk about grossness level 20! The wheatgrass shot that we each ordered, was horrible! I made Ben drink up my share, and he made a peelfresh statement after that "any fresher, you'll have to eat the grass youself - i feel like a cow". That made me laugh reallly hard! Hahahahha!
We were served a little tiny cup of what i'll call "hamster food", comprising of sunflower seeds, sprout beans, that orange chinese herb thing that mommy cooks in herbal soup that taste like raisins (I've been informed by the experts that it's wolfberries!), there's of course raisins as well, and many other unidentifiable nuts.

Well next time we're playing drinking games and forfeits, let's bring up the stakes and drink veg juice in shot glasses! Woo Hoo!

In case you're itching to give veg shot a try, Wild Bunch is located at Holland Village, in a neat little corner tucked underneathe the windmill food court. It faces pet lovers, and is along the same stretch, as when you are heading towards provence.
-
I had my hair trimmed yet again, and this time, most of the curly permed bits are gone, and everything looks alittle flat and less volumous from my perspective. So i made it look alittle more interesting, with the help of my curling tong, and gave myself a slight flyaway hair effect!

I think it would look a little cuter, if the intended effect was more dramatic and drastic. So we'll see!
-
I dropped by the Arena at Clark Quay, to support Quacks in the Nu you: Men we love 2007 competition. I was late for the event, and therefore i missed out on his Q&A session, but i managed to vote for him!
The winner turned out to be someone that i would never dream/imagine/thought/expected/guessed in my wildest imaginations to get the prize. There were many better looking, and hotter guys in the competition la! So why him? Goodness gracious me! However, I would think that it was a good experience for Quacks!

Miss campaign manager says: Try not to think too much about the Hamilton watches... prizes are often a good way of clearing unpopular stocks. Hahaha! And at the end of the day, we are all winners in our own ways! At least you have a small fan base to speak of, Yay!
-
Union tonight was good.
Spinning 5rounds consequtively before "toppling" over is fun!
*smiles*