Saturday, November 10, 2007

post exam silly updates.

Whooppee! *waves goodbye to exams for now*
Faced with too much idle time on hand, too many plans and projects in my head, i don't quite know where to start!
Now for the usual idiosyncrasy updates..


Cafe dunnowhatitsname.
I met Benjamin for lunch after my Strategic Managment exams, and with only an hour of sleep before the papers, i was practically functioning on reserve energy, and had a perpetual dazed look on my face.
Back to the cafe, the laid back ambience, friendly staff with their menu written on blackboard, I would say that it's a rather quirky idea.
I stood around and stared at the huge blackboard feeling like a little kid again. I decided on the basil chicken sandwich and cream of mushroom soup, while Ben had their chinese style chicken salad, which taste unique and nice, according to my palates.
The desserts look more optimistic than the main course, but being tired, my stomach could not function, so we skipped desserts.

I'll definitely drop by again to give the pretty cupcakes, and fluffy waffles a try, and this time round, i'll take better pictures, remember the name of the cafe, and clue you in on the exact location of the cafe.

Being bored, i spotted a "7" on my foot while watching the telly at Grandad's place.
So the story goes....i think i lost my balance, while dancing at union not too long ago, and in my attempt to regain my balance, my dance heels took a dig on my other foot, before meeting the ground; therefore the appearance of "7", accompanied with a bruise. Could that be a lucky sign?

Doubt it. Lately, i seem to be collecting lots of ugly bruises on my thighs and legs. I have been bumping into corners of the wall, door frames and corners of the table, for random and stupid reasons.

Being lazy, i usually walk around the house in the dark, to think that after living in the house for almost 20 years, miscalculations still happens and wham! My elbows said hi to the corner of the wall.
Similar stories goes for different furniture parts and body parts, and it might just be a sign for me to stay away from home more often! Hahaha.

Cooped up at home, i stifled my boredom with many random things, and one of the weird habits that i've picked up, was flyer reading. From food coupons, cosmetic product launches, laundry services, new condos, and even phone bills, yes i read almost every readable piece of paper that found its way into my house. Back to my discovery of MacDonalds delivery's newly introduced menu - the gourmet meal (available only for delivery according to flyer information). There is the Grilled chicken chop meal, Teriyaki salmon meal, Beef Bolognaise pasta, and lastly the Forest Mushroom pasta.

After contemplating for hours, I decided to order the grilled chicken chops, and waited in anticipation of my gourmet meal.

Side tracking a little, i am unable to grasp why the Mac marketers would call it a meal, when it doesnt come with any drinks or side dishes. I repeat, no drinks. When questioned, the phone operator merely said that it is a meal because it came with potatoes, brocoli and carrots. -_-"

Still i waited in anticipation, and the gourmet meal arrived at my doorsteps, warm on the top, icy cold at the bottom of the bowl. I had to microwave it again, to make it decent for consumption.Surprisingly, for a microwave packed food it exceeded my expectations.

The grilled chicken tasted decent, and i definitely wasn't expecting such generous servings of veg, just look at the all the carrots staring at me in the face! I couldnt bring myself to eat them, so i took a picture of the abandoned carrots. :)

The verdict? My gourmet meal cost me almost 11 bucks and it doesnt come with drinks.
Delivery cost has apparently been increased to 3bucks.
Saddest fact of all, the corn in a cup cost me $2.55 despite having just purchased a meal.
It's definitely an expensive supper.

Spotted a cute pom pom chick sitting on a crate of eggs. Cute!