Thursday, September 18, 2008

Credit card fraud

It's sooooo freaky!
Just when i mentioned that my frienster account might have been hacked into, Adi told me that my com might be infected by spyware or virus or whatever la!

Somedays back, i was attempting to book movie tickets online while on the phone with Adi, and being too lazy to walk over to the room to get my credit card, i decided to useAdi's credit card number instead.

The first time the transaction went through, I was told that the seats that I have chosen were being selected by someone else, and i was prompted to reselect my choice of the seats. Weird thing was, when we tried to re-enter the credit card details in, the card was denied access!So with no choice, i had walk to the room to fish my credit card out loh. :(

We had supper at coffee club after the movie and once again, Adi faced the same problem with the same card, so i guess naturally you would make a phone call to the bank to enquire why your card is not working right?
*
It was only today, when i met Adi for supper, i was told that the reason why his card was rejected the other day, was because there was some credit card fraud problem la!

Apparently it's a classic case scenario of now you've got money in your account, and next your money's wiped out in a blink! The bank investigated and claimed that the problem lies with an online transaction that was done using he card...and so i guess the virus or spyware culprit was either from my computer or his.

Luckily, Adi's dad managed to make enough noise and complaints to the bank that the money was reinstated into the account, because it was all discovered within 24 hours or something like that! I shudder to think about what would happen, should the bank refuse to reinstate the money!
zzZzz

Life is really boring when you get bogged down by stupid unnecessary problems like this loh!
I have just completed spyware scanning, i'm now waiting for virus scanning to be over
*drums table absent-mindedly and waits*
dum di dum..