Thursday, September 18, 2008

of gum stitches and make ups!

You change your mind, like a girl changes clothes.
You PMS like a bitch, i would know.

I like how this phrase analogizes fickleness!
Heeheehee. " Hot and Cold" by Katy Perry is like one of my MUST listen to songs at the moment, whenever the occassion calls for my nano to be plugged into my ears. Call it obsession if you want, i'm amused, and the tune is catchy and happy!

I think Da and Adi both prefer "I kissed a girl" more than hot and cold.
I liked both, only that i have a better obsession for hot and cold because of the cute lyrics.
Mehhh Whatever!
*
I woke up really early at 7.30am and headed over to the National Dental Centre to get my stitches removed! 9am appointment! It's insanely early - i dont know which frame of mind was my mommy in, when she chose the appointment time for me (I obviously was in a drugged and groggy state after surgery right?)

I was vegetating on the bus where i suddenly decided that i am usually waaay too over dressed as compared to the average around (I'll like to blame it on the superficialness of my job nature).

I always love how random thoughts and self conversations ( most people call them reflections) like these form in my head whenever i am bus-sing around!
.....
You know it #1
You can barely recognise yourself when you stare at the mirror after crawling out from bed in the morning.

Hui Yi and i had this conversation about how we could not leave home without make up, and how she told me that her boyfriend joked that he could not recognise her while he was waiting for her to dress up. Well my mommy once commented similar stuff to me as well. Zzzz
She wonders how my "bf" would react if he sees me without all my paint and glitz. who cares?

You know it #2
When the very nice staff nurse in charge of pre surgery briefing eyes me and smile amusingly to herself as she explains the pre surgery preparation protocols to me.

Still looking amuse, she points out to the notes stated on the brochure,
Of which, they went something like this:

>No make up (aha! i'm kinda very well painted for a dental appointment - i was meeting friends after that what!)
>No contact lens (Ha! Yay! a good occasion to create an intellectual look!)
>No jewellery (Woah, i think i had like 5 earrings studs, necklace and a finger ring)
>Nails cannot be painted. She said to make sure that i dont arrange for any manicure session before surgery okay? (i had very dark blue nails with green minty dots as decoration - it's hard to miss them on a visual check. Hahhaha)
>Wear comfortable attire ( i'm usually nicely dressed, but i get the point.. )
>No heels (i was in my usual uber tall platforms wedgies!)

After rattling on a whole list of other stuff, she said to me "okay, I'm done nagging."
She's sooooo cute and motherly la!

Now, i know why she's smiling. Everything that i wasn't allowed to do or have on the day of the surgery, i was "guilty" of it.
I guess my reply amused her as well! Hahahha
I said, "Right, that's alot of things to remember, but the geist of it was to be as ugly as possible so that i will be very comfortable, and being comfortable means everyone would be happy right?"

She laughed in response. ZzzZz

You know it #3
When it takes you approximately 15 mins to paint your face to be ready to leave home, and yet take a long time leave home with a naked face (kidding) - coz must muster all the guts you have to walk out "naked" ma. Zzzz

You know it #4
When you have one of those conversations with your sister discussing about what is the one true essential item that you cannot leave home without, and i could not make up my mind if i could not do without my eye liner, or blusher... oh wait! There's the concealer too! Argh!
Hahah.

Luckily for me, i know that i'm not such a goner yet,
when everyone is still able to recognise my colorless naked face, and still be able to look at me in the eye, and have a decent conversation. (I guess!) Hurhurhurhur.

I guess I am in one of my rare extreme good mood to take a dig at myself, BECAUSE!
I'm nearly done with kissing my wisdom tooth(s), teeth, whatever, GoodBye!!

Just when i thought, that the joy of being able to munch on succulent chicken meat was such an awesome progress, i'd say that removing my gum stitches is like freeing myself off restrictive undergarments!
It's Soooooo LIBERATING! Hah ha!

Now that the gummy stitches are off, I am able to do awesome tongue gymnastics and even feel the holes at the back of my gummies!
Yah, it sounds really gross, but it's true!
I am really, really in an awesome mood today! Woots!

Psst: I'd think that part of the awesomeness were contributed by the fact that i had fulfilled my bubble tea quotient for today.
I truly missed chewing on bubble tea pearls, despite the sore gums and weak teeth hurting from chewing something chewy and hard,
Err for the uninitiated, I usually consume bubble tea by the crates on a daily basis! (kidding! but at the rate i'm slurping them up, i seriously think i contribute to like 10% of the local bubble tea store Sweet Talk's annual profit or something!)

On another hind note, i would be giving milkshake a miss for now!
Drinking milkshake the way i did during the recovery period is definitely NOT FUNNY!

*smile!*