Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wisdom tooth

Ridding myself off my wisdom tooth has always been one of those "to do" things that i have never gotten to do back when i was busy with everything that i needed to be busy with.
Having been slacking and bumming around since graduation, i have decided to check myself in with the dentist, and arrange for a wisdom tooth rebellion session.

With a little discussion and preparation here and there, the day finally arrived, and there i was,
checking myself into the the National Dental Center ( NDC) on Friday, to get my irritating wisdoms removed!

I initially chose a nice date of 09 09 08 for my surgery, only to get them postponed because of my Sandisk job that i have agreed to do for Zoe that was due on the 11th sept. I shall elaborate september 11 in a seperate entry, and resume on my surgery entry!

The staff at NDC were really friendly and nice to me, i felt little pre surgery jitters in general, and in fact i was pretty happy and excited for someone who's about to be cut up.

The entire procedure was better sweetened with that cute anaesthetist assistant that i couldnt stop swooning about! Haaha!
At the risk of sounding silly, i have never met a sweeter and more attentive guy on first sight!
For that i conclude that he might be gay! Whatever it is, i doubt i'll be able to recognise him if i ever see him on the streets! :(
*
I slept for most of the day, and by dinner time, not only was i off ingesting pain killers, i was also too restless to remain at home. So i went out for movie with Adi and Audrey, and promptly had supper at Crystal Jade. It was the only supper place that had Daphne Friendly food in the middle of the night!

Because i'm usually hyper like a squirrel on caffeine in the night, i'm now supposed to be a cross between a pig and a squirrel, cant exactly remember the sound of the combination that Adi mentioned, but heh heh heh, it's not so funny now, adi.
Having just received my lomo sparkle lens from the mail, i brought the camera out to play, and audrey took a picture of me!
You could see the sparkle of the street lamps behind me, and i really couldn't smile for the otherwise cute picture composition.
I'm glad that the swelling is mainly hidden by my very angular jaw line, but upon close inspection, i do have a really puffy and swollen face. zzZz
*
Fast forwarding everything,to day 2,
I am extremely grumpy and cranky from the entire ordeal.
Removing 4 wisdom teeth doesnt hurt as badly as it sounds, but the recovery period is a bitch!

The stitches restricts my facial movement, and therefore i am unable to eat solid food, unable to crack up and laugh out loud, and neither can i smile. Let's also not forget my constant cravings for icecream to soothe my swelling.
The side of my lips are cracked and slightly torn, and i have slight bruises - Ahhh i feel like i'm describing a physical appearance of a raped victim.
Apart from my misery,
I am thankful that mommy bothers to cook me porridge with tender loving care..
the attention that i get to those i whine and crank to..
and the offers of mashy food delivery to my place :)
and well wishers!

While i was cranky and all, i received some suggestions from Mark that i thought were quite funny that helped cheer me up alittle! I really couldnt laugh, but i cant help laughing when i heard them..

~on facial swelling
I received links of Hamtaro, the japanese cartoon character in the form of a hamster. Compliments from Mark.Ta da! I like this picture the best, so this shall be a representation of Daphne on Day 2 of post surgery.
Cute eh?

~ Swelling resembling mumps
the superstitious chinese used to write the chinese character of the tiger on the infected cheek because they believed that the "tiger" would be able to eat the "pig" ailment up. (well i had that when i was young, and my granny made me go through the entire ordeal)

Mark on MSN : how about writing bee cheng hiang on it?
or "ah lal!" works as well (that's kinda sensitive, so i shall refrain spelling properly)

Da and I cracked up and laughed! Hilarious!

~taking home the remnants of my wisdom tooth
You should drill a hole and wear it as a necklace like how come people would do so for a tiger's tooth or something.

I cracked again in the car!
Evil fella! Trust him to think of it man!
*
On a side note, there was also an insider's joke on huddling ants that cracked me up alittle, but nothing to do with my teeth, so oh well
That's all for now!