Friday, May 29, 2009

Fabrics, sewing, unpicking and holes..


Inspired by the lack of innovation in the way fashion is currently moving in Singapore, I have taken to creating a few pieces of "simplistic" looking pieces as a mean of countering the lack of variety in my wardobe lately.  I must say that the response hasn't been anything near encouraging.

Weary of skimpily short dresses or frocks that i see EVERYWHERE, I've taken to sewing an AA inspired knee length dress in minty turquoise  (it somehow looked alot shorter in the picture though...).
 The first person who laid her eyes (aside from myself) exclaimed, "Is that a PJ you're wearing?" followed by isn't the material alittle thin and tight fitting?"
Well, thanks mom. :(

Da's response was a little more enthusiastic. She asked for a piece to be made for her in white, but something shorter, with a big, low neck scoop at the back. hmmm

Valda said it was nice. 

Baby said he doesn't like the side of the hemlines. 
Oh well, I dont think I'm able to please everyone...
But it really doesn't look too bad what!

I'm currently toiling over my grapefruit pink skirt! A summer inspired tiered skirt, this piece is absolutely disgusting to create! Drafting and cutting the fabric alone, took me hours for i had to ensure that the fabrics eventually piece up into layers of near perfect circles!
Assembling and sewing it up took up even more time! 
Sadly, i was displeased with my own sewing skills, therefore I have resorted to unpicking the entire skirt, and redo-ing it again! 
The heap of wasted thread kept growing from all the unpicking that i've accomplished, and the edges of the skirt is now super hole-ly! 
I am determined to sew the skirt better this time!


Mommy stares at my pile of excess fabric, work tools, sewing machine strewn all over her living room every night, occasionally reminding me that she'll like her floor clean and pretty.

Well, after my grapefruit summer skirt, i think i might venture onto yet another dress or skirt in white, followed by a rumi inspired skirt ( colors undecided yet) :)
Yay!
Now every knows what I've really been up to these days..   
tee hee hee! 
poor mommy. ☺