Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Kite flying!


Weekend outing for me last saturday, was to bring me out for kite watching at Westcoast park! It was waaaaaay too crowded to do any kite flying, so we merely watched. :)

Sitting in the car, I gazed at the distant sky filled with kites, and I got pretty happy and fidgety, just staring from afar...
There was all sorts of weird kite designs on saturday... It is really quite a pretty sight!
As it was a sea of kites, the ones that caught my attention would be the mega huge ones, like the weird tiger kite, and the happy flying Doraemon!

A huge yellow jelly fish, before it sprawled onto the ground. :)
--
Found a couple of other pictures in my camera.
Was fooling around for ideas for a coming project, and these were my suggestions to my boss.
Props were dug out from my personal stash of everyday items, not forgetting my extensive collection of dummy products laying around at home.
It is moments like this when you realise that I do take my work rather seriously at times! Especially if it's fun! :D
Created 2 colour settings of the product line for ladies.
Nothing spectacular.... but I figured that considering that no pictures related to my job was ever posted up here, so this should hold up fine for introductions!
Showed the pictures to Derrick the next morning, and he gave the green light for the suggested direction of the set up, and I spent the entire work day shopping for props!
Love it! :D
While I was sourcing for a pair of black "manly" shades for the guy's line, I chanced upon a pair of purple aviator shades! It looked so cute next to my EZ link holder, that I couldnt resist taking picture!
I wore it out for my Kite outing!
It's purple! That simply cannot go wrong! :D
Hahaha!
Speaking of purple, here's a picture of my dessert!
Chilled out with Ben sometime last week over at 2am dessert bar, and i ordered the dessert named Purple.
It was a display/mix of purple potato puree brushed across the platter, with lavander marshmallow, scoops of purple/blueberry sorbet, and cassis jelly displayed across the slight puree, then topped with froth bubble and a sprinkle of purple flower petal.
Gorgeous!
As usual, the presentation is absolutely fantastic!
I love the place and ambience. Having probably tried half the dessert menu there already, I really do have to say this... the serving size was probably designed with a little birdie's tummy in mind...(think canaries and budgie sized birdies!)

I cleaned up my dessert plate in a record breaking time of 10 minutes, and i am usually quite a slow eater!
I also think that I am probably not destined to be the type who would enjoy fine dining to its maximum pleasure, solely because its portions would NEVER satisfy my appetite! Hahaha.
*Ben's chocolate H2O was just insanely disgusting (to me)
It was just pure dark chocolate mixed with Evian to create some Dark chocolate souffle brownie consistency - paired up with ginger puree. Urgh!
So bitter and rich in taste. Bleah!