Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bangkok - June

In a blink, July is ending.
There is so many things yet to be accomplished on my end.
Seems like there is so little time, and a very lazy Daphne.
Since I'm sick, sleepless, and restless - I'll just spam lots of pictures from Bangkok.
The nice view of the airplane wing and the blue blue skies.
So fluffy and nice - the clouds!


Mam, in posing mode.
Bored...so need to entertain myself.
I swear there's like a thousand shot of myself..but I shall spare everyone the agonies of my narcissism!

Just one of myself in my Raybans, Lady Gaga Heartbeats and an extra touch of overexposed look to complete this picture!
and looking at my olive glitter nails, i have this urge to change my barbie pink + silver glitter reverse french manicure nails back to the boring olive glitter nails.
I know, i'm such a magpie - always ♥ glittery bling bling stuff.


Too many travelator at the airport, so was attempting panning shots to multi task. 
But alas! travelator too slow. No panning feel - Fail.
Weh! :(


Haggled like mad with the Cab driver, who also tried to cheat me off extra charges and finally reached the Baiyoke Boutique Hotel.
The place is decent and holds up fine.

Like!
The funky pop up feel to the interior, but I might try another hotel the next round - just for variety's sake!
I do love purple, but the purple in the room makes it alittle too dark for my liking.


The overall color scheme of the place reminds me of our local hotel Re! or something like that.

There is nothing much to scream about toilet wise, so... we move on to other entertaining stuff...like that very huge fish tank I spotted when I wandered past the food court at Siam Paragon.
Wha!

I reckon that it would be rather therapeutic to dine with the fishes.

you know how I've always wanted to be a pretty mermaid swimming away with my scallop seashell bikini and a flower on my head, with the rest of my hair trailing prettily as I swim away..
sorry, dont puke.

anyway, fish tank food court was not my dining destination, for I had a meeting with .....


Mr Cruise! 
Could not keep him waiting, and I doubt he really wanted to eat in the food court with the fishes, or be part of my mermaid fantasies..


We ventured off and dined in this BBQ restaurant at MBK instead.
It's been a month, and the name of the place eludes me at this moment... it has a green dino on its signage, if it helps!

Picture of my new "Vivienne Westwood" inspired ring that I got for a hundred Baht by the street.
Taken while waiting for my food to be served.

Lalalalal!
My fingers look scarily scaly in the close up shot.
I think I need to remember to moisturize myself daily.
Nice ring anyway.
Stares at ring.


Om nom nom time!
Guess what's this?

Looks like Mekajiki sashimi from a far right?!
Ans: It's Lard, not sword fish sashimi. :(

Fats from Mr pork, used to grease the BBQ pot. Amazing huh?
I forgot to BBQ the left over lard to noms... just like how they usually deep fry these yummy things and garnish them along with my mee pok!

Condiment platter...
I had to mix them all into a bowl of sauce.

which ended up looking like this!

Of course I squished the lime into my sauce, not dump the entire wedge into it la!
The chopped up chilli is quite potent in a mild way...and did not do wonders to my toilet time, as claimed/forewarned  :(

Guess our stomachs run on different OS!
I practically drank up the sauce - coz I dipped all my BBQ food into it.

* I swear I constipate whenever I travel. Whyyyyyyyyyy!
I hate running around overseas feeling clogged up and FAT,


Next we have the Garlic fried rice.
Looking at the garlic chunks now, is making me rather hungry.
Meh!

Miso Pork.
Not helping with the hunger pangs at the moment...

Close up.
Appetite suppresent - Not!

the Pre greased BBQ Pan, with some soup stock at the bottom.

Beef I think?
I was too engrossed with eating to bother about what's what.

So I shall introduce this platter as Sliced Meat with jappy fish cake, shrimp, squid and chicken.

The squid did not look very appetizing to me, so I skipped them entirely.


Scallops!
They look fine...but tasted urgh when I BBQ-ed them.
they taste nothing like the ones served in Sushi Tei. :(
No sweet, Succulent taste.


I finished them anyway.

I tweeted the other night that my stomach could possibly be hiding some parasite worm the size of Naigini the snake from Harry Potter. Hahahha.
Forever hungry!
Kidding.
No Naigini please, if not I'll have an uber sized tummy just to contain the snake.
Not nice, wont be able to fit into alot of my clothes.

The beef noodles at Platinum foodcourt is rather yummy.
Salty. But yummy.
Gawked at the lady before me who was dumping insane amount of condiments into her soup.
Seriously... Heaps of Sugar, Chilli flakes and Fish sauce!
Wonder how her Kidneys managed with such heavy workload all these while..


Also Ate Mac Ds while I was there, and got a Kung Fu panda, collectible Po cup!
He's cute and very helpful.

Attempted to charge my phone and the weight of my charger was too much for the plug to bear.

Found something useful for Po to do.
Used him to prop up my charger lo.
Hoik!


Po to my rescue ok!
He had to face the wall the entire night while my phone charged on.
Feel alittle bad for the hero.

Bunny ears that I've acquired from MBK!
Bought them in Pink, Peach, Red and purple!
I believe I was wearing the peach one out in this picture.
*beams*


Look at my baby Po cup.
I ate Mac Ds' Samurai Pork burger to get both cups.
Luckily it's yummy and unavailable in Singapore.
Since I'm hungry now....
Thinking about the Samurai pork burger makes me sad.

On my last night.
I went to this Bbq place to eat beef.
Everything was beef there.
It's yummier than the first BBQ place by comparison.


It was beef heaven! Beef parts, Beef chunks, Beef slices.
You know, various cuts of the cow and its innards.
Super duper yummy!
What you see in the picture, is just the tip of the iceberg.


I seriously do not remember which cuts I've had for dinner, for i relied solely on staff recommendation to send the meat over.
I dont speak Thai, neither do they spea-ker goooder ink-ker-lish (speak good english).

There was this chunk/cube of beef that was superb - coz the chunk cubes was meatier than slices, and I attempted to do a medium rare - medium well doneness on it. 
Good stuff! 
By then I was too oily and totally into my food to want to snap more pictures.
It's seriously all raw meat anyway.
I ate up like a hungry lion would devour its hearty meal.
I love beef
Biiiifff!
Ok, you get the picture.

Name of the restaurant?
You figure out yourself ya?
Hahahah.


That's about all the picture I have to share.
Next up, Tibet!
Not sure when though!