Monday, August 01, 2011

Wearing too much make up


Surfing through pictures on Facebook,
I notice that half my world puts on too much make up.

I'm not sure if the relation between age and make up is exponential.
But from the way I see it, yeah.

Fake lash check
Heavy eyeliners check
Heaps of face power check
Heaps of blusher check.

that's daily make up for work and normal meet up events.
I wonder what's available for special dress up events which requires heavier make up?
Probably will end up looking like my entry picture above.
Are you guilty of wearing too much make up?


Less is definitely more in this instance.
I'm all for vanity, dont get me wrong.

and i'm definitely guilty of piling on heaps of make up.
Refusing to leave house unless I have the full set of war paint piled onto my face, but seriously... 

the heavy make up phase was mainly attributed to work and a little on salsa performance.
Spending almost an entire year working full time in Events after graduating, Make up was the necessary evil.
A job requirement, and also partly from the crowd that I mix with.
It all adds up into making me think more is always better.

After my encounter with bad skin a couple of years back, I repented!
Renounced on my make-up slathering lifestyle and use only the basic necessary.

I went through extremes, took apart everything that was applied onto my face, and slowly figure out what was the culprit that caused the breakout - which meant minimal skincare products and at some point, leaving home entirely with a naked face.

Prove that I went through a horrible horrible phase that even my mom refuse to acknowledge that her daughter looks so ugly.
Enlarged the picture for your viewing pleasure.

Boils and scars galore.
I swear I wanna dunk my face in acid, just so that the zits would erode away.


With that it was No concealer, No powder, NOTHING.
Just moisturizer and not even sun screen.
Awesomely ugly, but my skin eventually recovered. :)

I found out the cause of my outbreak - over exposure to sun, and guilty of applying body sunblock onto the face when I was in Bali. (I ran out of my sunblock for the face!)
Major fucked up mistake.
--

Presently, I still have remnants of fake lashes. a drawer full of it, and they are usually reserved for occasions like night weddings or photoshoots.
Same goes for face powder, only when necessary.
I learnt that it is important to let my pores breathe.

So what does Miss "minimal make up" advocate, now use before heading out?

Basic Skincare
BB cream *which I usually skip unless I'm heading out for some major sun
Concealer for the under eye
Gel Eyeliner for the lids
Pencil eyeliner for the bottom / or eyeshadow
Eyeshadow *depending on mood
Eyebrow pencil
Blusher

No mascara, no smoky eye, no fake lash, no primer, no powder, no bronzer.
As natural as possible.
After all, make up is used to enhance our features, not create a mask where no one would recognize you without it.

My Typical daily make up


You will look beautiful, so long as you feel beautiful.
Even without make up. (Just because I know how much uglier I could be, if I dont take good care of my skin)

Lol
Yes colorless and pale face with beady eyes.
I KNOW ok - i'm not oblivious to my very asian features.
Blah.


Cheers!