Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Terrible sleep.

My sore throat isn't recovering.
Halp!

I know I've been tweeting non stop about my throat since Friday til now.
5 frigging days of sore throat.
You know how sad and ridiculous that is?

I keep complaining that my throat feels as if I've swallowed huge amount of glass shards.
It feels so raw and swollen that drinking/eating hurts.

I've "fasted" the entire day away, refusing to eat.
Weh..poor me.
Sick and still have to starve myself somemore.
Finally, I caved in and had icecream and bread to coat the sad throat and fill the very empty stomach up.

I barely slept the past few nights.
Sadly, for someone who always has the ability to fall asleep in a jiffy,
I am a terrible sleeper whenever I fall sick.

Perhaps the sleepy chemicals in my body would disappear the instance I fall ill?

No matter how I tried, I'll be jolted awake by the lack of oxygen (stuffy nose), or how subconsciously I'll hear gurgling noise produced from my phlegm or something from the sickly virus...that I'll jolt awake - feeling disgusted with myself.

Such a terrible plight to be sick.


It also did not help that a couple of hours before bedtime, I read an article that claims that sleeping too much will cause wrinkles.
Good grief.

You know, there are days when you will wake up with bed marks on your body and face - where the pressure caused by your body weight makes contact against the folds of your sheets for the entire night?

Yeah, apparently sleeping - with your face pressed on the cotton bedsheet helps your wrinkles to set in as you age.
The only way you can minimize or avoid it, would be to sleep with satin bedsheets, and/or by lying on your back when you sleep, so that your face avoids contact with the fold marks.

FML. I tried that and I was sleepless until 10am in the morning.
My standard sleep stance involves alot of cheek to pillow time, lying on my back gave me an air of despair - for I can't just stay stationary in one pose the entire night.

It's currently close to 5am, and I'm still sleepless.

My predicament makes me both sick and wrinkly.
Well done la.

Sigh