Saturday, November 12, 2011

Helpless

Heading home, I listened to her story.
I understood her distress, and as much as I wanted to comfort her,  I was pretty much stuck in the same situation with nothing to offer, for I am none wiser.

Everything she said sounded like the exact words that I've said repeatedly/

I feel her angst.
I feel her sorrow.
I know her dejection and disappointment.
I understand her inner struggles within.

We sat on the short journey, I was mostly quiet and helpless.

Helpess because I do not know how to comfort her, and neither do I have any advise to offer.
For I too, am stuck in the same obstacles as she is facing.

Only longer.

I questioned why do we have to go through this again and again?
Dont we deserve better?

Deep down I am thankful that despite the pathetic day I endured on 11.11.11 - I know for sure that I am being taken care of.
All the cock ups combined today could have possibly been worst, if it was not for the help that UPSTRs gave me.

In fact, now that I've got time to space out and filter out today's event...
the 2 most precious words that I often mutter to people around me came back to me through the mouth of a customer.

He said to me:



:)

Faith is like a warm cup of milk on a chilly rainy day, and I made it through anyway.
Keep smiling.
At least I usually try to.