Monday, November 07, 2011

My special Aunty!


Received pictures from the Sister's camera taken during Kenny's wedding.
Of all the pictures, I think im happiest to see pictures of Aunty and me!

She's probably the only person in the world who'll love me unconditionally even when I am not blood related to her!

This special lady took care of me when mom and dad could not afford a maid back when I was a baby, and were bunking at Grandpa's place. :)       She practically semi-raised me up from infant til age 2 year old, and super duper dotes on me. (actually her entire family does).

According to mommy, I'll spent monday to friday over at Aunty's and mommy would pop by every night after dinner/work to play and spend time with me.
I'll only be brought home for the weekends.

My daily routine over at aunty's goes alot like this (so they tell me)
Breakfast, lunch and dinner - she cooks really yummy stuff!
Play time and nap.
Evening - mobile ice-cream man with the umbrella + motorbike will sound his bell, and I'll head down with Aunty's husband for my daily icecream session, and also take a walk round the estate and sit on as many kiddie rides as I fancy (omg, writing this, I sound like a dog on my daily walk..)

The kiddy ride machines look somewhat like this and other variety to boot...

Mom reckons that looking after me was a loss/lose type of business for her, coz they had to invest so much money in daily icecream and countless kiddy rides.

She also claims that the #spoiltbrat part started from Aunty's place, coz whenever she brings me home for the weekend (just right across the street), the lift home had a couple of kiddy rides guarding the lift entrance as if they were chinese lion statues guarding the left and right of entrances.

It is impossible to avoid the kiddy ride, and I'll like refuse to budge until mom pays the "toll fee" for my ride before we could set foot into the lift landing.
I guess it was a *rolls eyes* and mutters "Again?!" +  fhl encounter every week.
 *laughs*
--

Legend has it that when Mommy and Daddy finally could afford to get a place of their own + the maid, Aunty cried alot while she was packing my stuff up.  :(((

I guess it was because I was the first kiddo she took care of, and so we both are somewhat emotionally attached to each other...

Good thing was, Gramp's house is just a street away right?
I still get to visit her weekly whenever we head over to grandpa's place for dinner and stuff.
That's like how I know she cooks really yummy stuff.

I even had my own set of kids cutlery reserved and kept in the cupboard - mini chopsticks (I could chopstick my food at age 2plus/3 years old ok!), fork, spoon, my own kiddo plate, cups, toys and even stayed over a couple of time.

Every festive season = special home made food.
Like tins and tins of  homemade loveletter crackers for Chinese new year to bring home.
and a whole bundle of rice dumplings made from scratch during dumpling festival, and it was truly Aunty's influence that I really liked to eat the plain rice dumplings (no one at home really fancies it), and I get a whole bunch of it for myself *beams*
I'll dunk it with brown sugar, or home-made kaya that she makes for me
and the meaty dumpling ones was to be shared with the entire family.

Aunty's prawn fritters and pophiahs are also to die for. :)

With age catching up, Aunty rarely cooks up a storm in the kitchen now.
All the yummy food requires too much work. : /
Oh well.

Without fail, I'll visit Auntie every chinese new year, and she attends every birthday party that my parents planned for me, and even my 21st birthday!

its funny how she's like a grandma to me... nags at me whenever she see me.
Tells me annually how I'm too skinny, Have to eat more, why are my hands feel so clammy - am I unwell, when I took pictures with her at Kenny's wedding.
Says it's ok to rot at home, when I left my job last year - good to take a break.
Nags about when am I going to get married, that my future husband to be has to be a good guy - and that I'll have to bring him to her place for a look see for approval and stuff like that.

I wanted her to attend my convocation when I graduated. But SIM gave me limited seatings, so I made do and gave her a picture of me in my graduation gown.

I love her to bits.
Today writing this post, I'm thankful that she loves me as if i'm her own.
I really am blessed to be loved and doted.
Thank you X love