Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fashion faux Pas

Random thought - journeying in town
What most girls interpret wrongly or rather what annoys me most.


Wardrobe faux pas #1
Less is more rule - wearing lesser fabric does not necessary means looking sexy.
It just looks skanky.
It is an art to balance out a short skirt or a skimpy skanky dress without looking like a street walker at Orchard towers.

"more" is better anticipated.
Gifts are usually more exciting when it is nicely wrapped, and subsequently unwrapped.
Of course i'm not expecting anyone to 100% wrap themselves up like an egyptian mummy.
It's just that covering more body parts generally leaves more room for the imagination - which in turn makes you alot sexier than exposing just alot of meat.

The Exposé tendency, often reminds me of a typical durian seller hacking open their durians with a point to prove - that their goods are "fresh" and worth the purchase.
Personally to me - it's called trying too hard.
If your goods are good, you scared no body want to "buy" meh?

This sort of nonchalence that I'm talking about here - is what most people call confidence (but with a very truthful mirror)

I quote X " it's usually people with nothing to flaunt that's trying their hardest to show off"
When we met a plump friend at the beach, as she promptly strips off  to her wicked weasel thong+bikini for a tan,  All I saw was cellulite, and her wrinkly and not-so-perky ass.
God save my eyes.
As if the normal bikini bottom wasn't bad enough, she had to be in a THONG.
WTF!
But I must give her +50 points for the bravery, to strut around almost 90% naked.

For the entire afternoon, I refused to remove my tank top and shorts albeit my bikini underneathe - in case people think we're very very good friends.
The power of association is a very dangerous thing ok..

I later went home to scrub my bum for good measure.
Lol - Cant blame me for being paranoid can you?

Wardrobe faux pas #2
Overkill - When undecided just bring out all the treasures!
The more the merrier!


So you've got the face, the boobs, the figure, the legs and the new shopping loots.
Choose one or 2 assets that you wanna show case for the day.

Showing off everything in a day is an overkill.
Cues boob tube, short bandage skirt, stacked killer heels, too much/too thick make up, 20 bangles, 5 necklaces, sequinned big bow hairband and chunky earrings.
What are you?
Christmas tree, clown or human?

Wardrobe faux pas #3
Sucks to be me - No one loves me anyway...
One word - SLOPPY
What fashion?
Sloppy Tee and shorts will do + flip flops - I dont give a shit.
Wha... that's obviously the fastest way to leave home.
Get out of bed and wear the pajamas out of home.
Sure save on the laundry bit and shopping money too.

Making zero effort to dress up when you are going out to meet people, are you expecting people to look forward to meeting you?

You obviously dont give a hoot about the person you are meeting, and neither do you give a hoot about the way you present yourself.
Sounds superficial?

Maybe - but I believe that food cooked with effort, taste alot better than instant noodle or something put together haphazardly.

Food with better presentation - when consumed, makes one's appetite better.
Like wise, when effort and thought is placed into looking presentable, it shows and conveys to the person you are meeting that he/she is worth the extra effort.



Wardrobe faux pas #4
The Photostats - Girl A, Girl B, Girl P, Girl S, Girl Z all look like they are mass produced.
Same dress/top/skirt, same hair, same bag, same shoes - just different color and fabrics.
Are you clone or human?
Dont you have your own brains to decide on something different like shave off one eyebrow or something?

What makes Katy perry and Lady Gaga special is because they aren't made from the same cookie cutter.

Whatever ! At the end of the day - its just my personal opinion over the common fashion faux pas that I see in girls.
* I must stress that I've personally met and seen girls in this life time who are capable of breaking all the faux pas rules listed and still look damn enchantingly gorgeous.

I'm not saying NEVER.
But special talents like these are pretty hard to come by - To date, I can still count with both hands the number of talented girls i've met or seen in this life time.
Just ranting off what usually irks me IMHO.

Ok enough of bitchy Daphne.
Dinner awaits!
Hunger always brings out the angsty-ness/ Bitchy dragon within.
I'll post about rainbows and unicorns after dinner k?