Monday, February 13, 2012

Mango, Kate moss and Fashion

Mango!
The fashion boutique that is.

Been living off Mango clothes since my days in Design school.
Lydia and I would go nuts whenever the word Sale and Mango coincide.

Freaking ardent fans we are.
We do not just settle for one Mango outlet, instead - we're traipse to many outlets surrounding town.
Those were the days.

Things were quite the same when I set foot into University.
The classmates would chip in and get me Mango shopping vouchers as gifts for my birthday gifts.
I loved Mango fashion with all my heart and soul.
I kept every single fashion catalogue for every season, and until recent spring cleaning resolution decrees that I can only keep some of my treasure catalogues, I thew away quite a fair bit.

My point is, I've been a Mango Fanatic for YEARS (*I shop smartly, not buy the entire shop down) until they stupidly decide to collaborate with the Cruz sisters.
It becomes annoying, because the collaboration designs become so Meh.
I stopped buying from Mango.

It started with a drastic decrease in purchases, there was nothing in the shop for me to lust for - to no interest in their sale items - to total zero step in to Mango for a really long time.
Sure i'll browse and walk in occasionally - spending a total of 5 mins walk around the shop if there was a sale banner screaming 50% off, and leave.

Zara was my best friend during the years that Mango failed me. especially the Trafaluc collections.

I did a google search - and apparently 2008/2009 was the year the cruz sisters invaded my beloved Mango with the collaboration.
Hello Penelope cruz, please stick to acting - your designing skills sucks.
Monica - you too.

It's 2012 now.
That's like a total 2-3 years that I was off the label.
My point is, my dear friend recently dragged me into their shops - and I think I found a couple of items that I would not mind trying and turns out - I like one of their summer dresses ALOT.
Oops.

Not to mentioned, I later received the pretty dress from my dear friend as a gift.
Love the sweetie to bits for that.
*It was the last piece in my size, and it was reserved. The sweetie coerced the sales lady to sell it to her, which eventually became mine!
Glib tongue she has.. *impressed*

Anyway, that new dress establish a new 20% confidence in Mango, and I found out that Kate Moss is their catalogue model for the spring season!
Hurray!
Clothes for the SKINNEH AGAIN.
I'm not THAT skinny, but ahhh you get it - usually new face = new style.
Bye Penelope and Monica.
Would it be rude of me to say good riddance?
( I have no idea if they're still trying their hand in fashion design with Mango... so the early celebrations might be prematured..)

My point is, I do not have a latina hot bod curves like J.Lo or the Cruz(s), neither do I fancy flowery smoochzy clothes that makes me look like an old indonesian tai tai.
So I fancy dressing my age, and something that would complement my chopstick body.

I present to you my picks from their spring 2012 catalog.
No I dont intend to buy them all - because I am still battling a bursting wardrobe circa 2000 AD

So here we have Kate Moss in the black and white collection
I like the clean details they are introducing to the collection.
No more crazy frills, fluff, ruffles + flowery patterns, and other ugly over whelming details.
In short, no more latina style.
Drives me nuts.

Me likey the pants set featured on the right below.
So casual and fun.
I like the rugged girly feel.
Contemplation in progress..

This dress creates an "hour glass" figure for the hipless people like me.
But neh, i'll skip the dress.
Too girly and plain.

There's also my favourite color combinations!
The white and gold/khaki/beige.
I glow in white.
So white is like my brain dead color by default.
#Truestory
After the dreary Winter colors, Spring colors is sooooooo
so clean, so pastel, so refreshing!
*I know - was already wearing spring colours in my previous post

Red, purple and pink comes next - dependent on the seasons..


Loving the Clutch above, and the long blazer vest below.


Lastly, the inspirational piece that I've been eyeing, since I got my hands on their Catalogue.
Pink and silver combination!
I heart the baby pink denim shorts!
This would be my must have piece for Spring.
Together with the silver grey combination, from the rest of my wardrobe.
So sweet huh!

I've been favouring gold hues for too long, time for a change!

ok that's all....
Im gathering time to paint my nails in my new favourite combination.
Yay!