Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hello! It's almost May...

Hello!
I know I took a short hiatus from posting here...

This week hasn't been too good for me, and therefore in a bad frame to write.

I was pretty bummed out to learn that one of the project I've pitched for has been rejected.
Rwar!!
All the conceptualizing and hours i've invested into the artwork, not forgetting the mosquito bites from site recce, all gone to waste!

I believe there will be a day where I will be given the chance to utilize all that I've consolidated, and so my little pride is slowly recovering as the day goes by.

In an attempt to revitalise my sad little soul, I have been trying to stay off my Mac, whenever possible, and went on a creative binge to happify myself.

I chanced upon an origami website to create PAPER BOWs!
Omg!
How cool right?
Yay!
Seems like my penchance for ribbons and bows is never ending!

Here we go, some paper bows that I've started on.


I decided that they looked pretty together, and the only approved place in the house to string them up, would be my room!
I went a on a folding spree, and did up about 13-14 of them in total.
I ended up utilizing only 12 for the dangles on my window.

I reckon I've got a thing for hanging stuff.
Will change them when I get bored of them... like how I removed a panel of my curtain just because I like it that way..


If you look carefully, I actually painstakingly sewed up the paper with needle and thread, just so that the ribbons would hold in place nicely when I hang them up.
This was taken after I hung them up in place of my curtains.

In my crazy zest in being creative, my sleeping cycle is waaaaaay off the charts!
I decided that sunrise looked pretty with my new creation, and I woke up to take a picture of it before sleeping on.
iphone did a terrible job in capturing the colors of the sky :(
It was a beautiful morning, bad pictures or not!


I also mentioned previously in my Rainbows entry back in February, that I would be doing an Aurelie Bidermann inspired bracelet, here's my take of the bracelet, in my favourite Purple, red and peach hues.




My take on summery colors at the moment consist mainly of Indie Summer hues, 
Red and Purple! 
even my worn out nail design was Dark purple with glitter chips and red metallic french tips.
It's just kinda worn out and yucks to feature it here. 


Here's a picture of the real Aurelie braided bracelet.
Workmanship wise, mine's a fluke.
There's an obvious price difference in the materials i've acquired, so with the same amount of money, I can probably make tons of the same stuff in all the color combinations that I can think of!
If I were to imitate everything to the core, it'd be piracy!

More importantly, so long as I'm happy with my growing collection of arm party, I dont really care!
I'm not even sure when my accessory gypsy phase would die of, but it does not seem like anytime soon!



Gotta sleep.
The girls have arranged to attend some dog party sort of gathering held at the West Coast.
I hope the Dog behaves herself later!
Night!