Sunday, July 01, 2012

Summer Summer


My newly painted summer floral nails.
Coral based.
Red, pink, purple petal floral artwork topped with some crystals on my thumb to celebrate summer!
Paired with an odd peach pink glitter on both of my ring fingers, my nails are finally pretty again.
I'm kinda happy with this very odd mish mash of nail at like 5am in the morning.
ahhh... so good to be looking at them!



I was living with shitty nails for the past 2 weeks.
It was excruciatingly painful to stare at ugly nails.
It's one of those things that I cannot live with - ugly nails.
Hahaha!

At 19, I was the nutty kid who wrote a freaking communications thesis paper on the importance of nail and nail art back in design school.
It was an important module I had to erm go through, to graduate from Temasek poly.
Stupid but true.

Anyway, with a stroke of good luck, I handsewed all 6 pieces of uniform for the coming week's job, and will be fixing up the last bits with the sewing machine tomorrow.
Rwar!!
So my nails was at its ultimate ugliest for 2012.

While I was at it (sewing) the past 3 days, I promptly got reminded why I would never ever be a Haute Couture fashion designer in this life, no matter how much I love clothes.
The amount of hand sewing involved would totally have killed me.
Sewing for my own use is kinda fun. (plus nobody cares if the workmanship sucks, as long as I can get past myself....)

Sewing the same design repeatedly for commercial use is quite the chore, especially when the initial excitement and adrenaline of creating has ceased.
Sewing neatly is the ultimate test of patience x 6.

Woolalala... no thanks to that crappy supplier with bad bad bad logistic management skills.
I gave them a hard time, the Aladeen way.



Lolol.
and this marks a 70% end to Daphne's sweatshop week.

okay bye!