Saturday, August 04, 2012

Hello August!

I'm quite happy to meet August.
July has been rather fruitful, and I am looking forward to what August will bring!

Therefore some random updates in the form of old pictures taken in July.

The internet was down, and I took to some braiding tutorials for self entertainment, using my mobile phone.

This is me, showing off my first attempting in a 5 strands hair braid.
It's seriously effortlessly easy!
I understood the concept and executed it after watching the tutorial once!
Mimi's explained the concept really well, albeit that she really shouldn't talk so much at the start of her video.. and so here we go, the 5 strands hair.
Her hair is alot neater, since she's engaged the use of hair extensions in the tutorial, which in turn creates a more luscious looking hair, and thicker and neater braids.



My newly discovered bokeh app downloaded from the iphone for free!
It's called bokehful, and is a free app!
Allows me to decide where I want the bokeh effects to be planted at.
Previously, all the bokeh effects on apps are all pre- planted, and sometimes the bokeh might end up covering parts of my face or eyes and it annoys me terribly to be disfigured by an bokeh app, no matter how pretty it promises to be!

I took this before heading out to JB for a quick lunch in Malaysia.
Treat it as my short 3 hours get away from Singapore!




Was taking a picture with Trixie, when she decided to shower me with licks.
My expression is priceless, and my caption for this picture shall be:

The awkward moment when human wants to take pic and trixie is interested in sampling the face.




I'm not sure if my face taste good, but she seems to enjoy licking the faces and hands of everyone she meets in close proximity. 
Yucks!

Dont get me wrong. I love Trixie, but I draw the line at being licked. In the face, nonetheless!



We took this, while we were out on our rare evening walks to the village.
I noticed that Trixie is a lot calmer, when we walk the usual routes.
She cooperates better - perhaps after 7 months, she knows my walking expectations of her.
She's taken to sitting down whenever we enter the house lift, at traffic lights, at the bubble tea store, and is an expert in scaling the flight of stairs at the pet shop, without me asking her to do so (most of the time).


On days when she decides to be a monster, I would threaten to turn back and walk home, preferring to take the stroll alone instead, when she proved to be a difficult walking companion - sparked mostly out from her joy and hyper energy of being able to go out.

In her hyper jumpy moods, I find her extremely unmanageable, and annoying,
for she would walk with only her hind legs, bounce around - which in turn leave scratches on me, and tugs on leash, causing my hands to hurt.
The dog hitler in me insist that I will only walk a well behaved dog, so on the bright side, 
after my threats to turn back (which I would then turn around and take 3-5 steps back towards the direction of home), she'll calm herself down immensely and become manageable again.

I often wonder to myself, if she really understands me whenever I speak to her, or perhaps I've improved in my body language that she understands that I am the boss, and that if i'm displeased - I have the ability to take away the activities that she enjoys?


Anyway. I seriously need to sleep!
I fell asleep after dinner for over an hour, and sleep eludes me at the moment!
Going to attend Kemmy's church wedding at 10am in the morning! 
How will I manage to wake up later?!