Friday, August 10, 2012

One DJ Daphne coming up!


Happy National Day, Singapore.

It's however a normal uneventful day for me, since Public Holidays means absolutely nothing to me on my end, just good time spent with the fam.
Hahahha.

Dad's back for his first National Day since 2002, and we saw him taking an unexpected walk - I fondly refer it as his monthly walking quota,
to get lunch (car malfunctioned while he was out yesterday)
Armed with the brother, dog and daddy, we headed out for lunch on foot!!
without the mom though, (since she's made her own plans), and it's pretty enjoyable.
Walking with the dad is like a phenomenal activity, no matter how mundane it seems, just because he's always believed in driving, even if its just a really short distance.

On other news, Happy 1 Year to Mosiac Dance!
I heard and saw that the anniversary party is lots of fun.
Unfortunately, I had to sit out from this party playing miss DJ :(
Rwar!!!!

I saw amount commitment and time the sister spent in the studio, I'm just very happy that Zee & Derrick have made it so far with the studio.
1 year old is definitely a big milestone!
Looking through pictures of the night, I found my favourite!
Picture of the Sister and Zee somewhere during their performance.
Awwww...



Anyway, last minute project stirred my attempt at sound engineering, and for the past 24 hours - I've been living off the same sound tracks trying to piece them together.
I'll stick to photoshop any day please.
Learning to control an audio software, fade music in and out, layering the tracks, slow the song tracks - im like a freaking noob can?

Wahhhhh I was desperate enough to google "audacity (software) for dummies"
and after an hour's worth of groping in the dark.....
I finally understood how Audacity works, and toyed around with mixes.
It's definitely a struggle, and it's been a while since I've forced myself to step out of my comfort zone to learn something so awfully new and out of my interest list.

But hey! I'm alive, alittle smarter and armed with a 20mins worthy soundtrack for tomorrow's event.
woo hoo!
The only thing that annoys me now?
The lack of time to come up with something better.
Then again, if time was on my side - I would not need to be doing this myself.
Lol.

Gonna pack and prepare for tomorrw.
Note to self :

"There is no such thing as can't, only won't. If you're qualified, all it takes is a burning desire to accomplish, to make a change. Go forward, go backward. Whatever it takes! But you can't blame other people or society in general. It all comes from your mind. When we do the impossible we realize we are special people."
  --  Jan Ashford


At this moment, I do feel really special about myself
*hearts*

Going to end this post with a random video of the dog.
I woke up and decided that I wanted her to "Knuckle" me like how boys do when they greet each other.... (she didn't learn this trick from me though..)
and being the lazy bones, she sort of decided to execute "knuckle" properly the second time, before she demanded tummy rubs from me instead.
#Spoiltbrat