Friday, August 09, 2013

Vain pot


The bestie went to Korea and asked if I wanted anything from kimchi land.
It was good that he did, because I was running out of my gel eye patches from the face shop. Stocking up in Singapore is quite dumb, because the retail price per piece is easily doubled.
I'm not sure if there is any price adjustment since...
it's $4.50: $2.20 (after conversion) a piece.

Might as well use the same amount of money, and double the dosage? No?

The current batches that I'm using are bought by X, and the new batches, by the bestie.
Yay!

I told him I needed to stock up on eye mask, and I thought, while he's at it, might as well stock up on the face masks as well, since they usually cost a dollar a piece.

I went home with 10 eye patch, 22 for the face, and a few bottles of essence for the face.
I amassed the eye patch, kept 12 face masks for myself and grew a conscience.
Passed the remaining 10 to the mother. 

The inner control freak in me insist that all mask should be sorted out in size, brand and color, and In the midst of doing a stock count as I repacked my drawer, and and and and...

I realized that i have like 50 assorted face mask and 20 eye masks! 

I did a quick calculation and assumed that if I'm really hard working in maintaining the discipline,  I'll use up 2 packs a week at best... 

Which would be equivalent to using all the face mask in 25 weeks.
Since its already August, I won't be able to finish them up by the time 2013 ends!!! 

Omg that's horrible!
I'm officially a facial mask hoarder that needs some proper facial schedule discipline!




In case you were wondering.
My usual concerns would be hydration and fairness (since i'm obsessed with my freckles, I usually hope and imagine that when I remove the mask, the freckles would magically disappear too! Alas they refused to budge, fade or disappear! )

My personal favourites would be the Naruko ones.
They are the nicest smelling + hydrating+ purse friendly mask that I've discovered and love to date. The mask is cut in a way where it comes with ear hooks, to prevent the mask from slipping off my face. 
It's an awesome invention for an impatient girl like me.
It is my innate need to constantly be moving, scratching or playing games.
Lying still would just mean falling dead asleep, and it's just bad.

I'll usually also pack along a few mask whenever I fly, and they work wonders after a flight.
The air in China is bad, so I'll up the usage while I'm there.

My traveling skincare comprised mainly of drugstore priced skincare products, just because you'll never know when you'll meet a bitchzilla from Tiger airways, who will insist that I chuck something essential away from my bag, or claim that my check-in bag is overweight and dunno what nonsense they can think of.
Makes it less maddening for me, when my stuff goes into the bin, because I know that Watsons is just a cab ride away once I land in China!


Speaking of which, whenever I'm in China, the girls would love to ask me about my skincare and make up, and because I brought along the affordable ones, allowing them to play with my stuff makes it less painful for the control freak in me, and if they like it, they can usually just buy them off the shelves at Watsons!


I asked Daddy about why they are so curious about me, and he says its because the Chinese (in china), especially the youngster, have a tendency to idolize the western culture.
Therefore being in Singapore, I'm a closer semblance and a reflection of a more westernized influenced world, and coming from a different culture, which therefore makes me more interesting. 

True or not, i'm not sure.