Sunday, March 30, 2014



I've been missing out on this movie called the Divergent, and before I even found the time to catch the movie, I've been asked to take the test to see which faction would I belong to.

Apparently according to the test,  I belong to the Candor faction.
For someone who has not caught the movie, I found the personality trait description rather true, and I've taken excerpts from the wiki to share...

So, these Candor characters range from being talkative and social, to emotionally volatile and peaceful, to cruel and sadistic.
Many children born into the Candor Faction, could/might tranfer to the Dauntless faction, since honesty and bravery are closely related. (Cool!)
Candor are serious about their views on honesty against dishonesty, and they see honesty and trustworthiness as the very foundations of morality and character.

They look upon honest individuals with high respect, and upon dishonest individuals with deep contempt.
Some might describe the Candor as being honest to a fault, sometimes honest to the point of sounding like an insult.

A member of the Candor faction would rather insult someone with honesty, than to lie.
Viewing complete and utter honesty as the ultimate moral and intellectual perfection.

Candor children are seen to make wide gestures with their hands and often appear to be arguing or having intense discussions.
They are very truthful and would frankly and tactlessly say what they feel.

Funny how it really sounded like it was describing me.
I could be talkative and social in a setting and flip to the peaceful and quiet side of me rather quickly.
Emotionally volatile only comes with those who are close to me, who have upsetted me greatly, or caught me on a bad bad day.
As for cruel and sadistic, you must really wonder, but I'll elaborate on that later.


I extremely agree that when i'm being utterly honest, it really hurts.
Not because I want to hurt people intentionally, but rather because they matter enough to me, that they deserve to hear the truth about anything. Whether they like it or not.
Like if something IS ugly, I'll say it as it is, to save them the embarrassment of looking like a fool.

Oh well, but the core of it though, is that I fucking hate liars.
When I find out that someone lies to me.
They're better off dead than talking to me for a looooooooong while.
It's like an insult to my integrity and existence, plus I've got a looooong memory to boot.
So that pretty much sucks big time, and here is where the Cruel and sadistic part of the earlier description comes into play.
Lol.
I chop friendships.kinship.relationship very quickly (otherwise cruelly), when their "innards" are dirty so as not to taint my life with their nonsense.
My motto probably goes like...
Better alone, than to live with a Liar.

Should you want to read more about Candor in detail, you can click here.

The concept of factions and personality trait sort of things has always been appealing to me
Oh well..
I should really sleep now instead of reading up on movie personalities..
x