Sunday, August 10, 2014

Swimming ashore

I'm tired. 
It's like swimming against sea currents, the precise moment when you will wish for an imaginary hands to pluck you off from all that swim paddling and just plonk you back to land. 

And yet I often marvel wonder at the strength mustered from within, to swim back ashore. The survival instincts. 

Well, I'd say that when you set sights on your destination, and your heart is locked on, you'll just keep paddling, no matter how tough it feels at the moment. 
Just because the urge to Iive and survive is stronger than the rational to give up and drown? 

But it's true. I learnt that the first time I was swept off by the current. 
Just keep swimming. 
Everything would just be alright, plus there's the board that you can cling on dearly to. 

#randomthingslearntfromholidaylearnthalfalifetimeago.
#postbali #surflessons #life