Sunday, September 16, 2007

Salsa performance for Student week.

At last!
Today marks the last day of my gruelling week.
I spent the past week having Dance prac, prac, prac, and more prac! Gobbling my dinner in silence every night, because i am too hungry to talk.
I Havent stepped into Zouk for at least 2 weeks! I miss dancing anything but Salsa!
It was Salsa salsa and salsa!
There was the mask decoration over at Audrey's place on(her place is huge by the way! I love her home!)
We made and decorated like 40 over masks that night! These are just some of the cuter ones that i remembered to take pictures of!Then there was Salsa Booth decoration. I freaked out when i saw the barren booth we had, so i spent the entire night doing up the booth. The cutting out the letterings part was the bitch!
Because i wanted sensual fonts, i chose the cursive scriptina that said : Dance like no one's Watching..
The theme of our booth was Masquerade. Therefore the giving away of mask.
The main geist of Masquerade and our tag line, was our way of telling one that you can dance no matter who you are, and you needn't worry about looking ugly. Just dance for the love of dancing - therefore dance like no one's watching! Hahaha.

So there i was, slicing up alphabets the entire night, and worrying about fixing up my Global marketing slides because i have little clue about what exactly was the kind of information that was required in my precious 2 slides.
Luckily Audrey was fixing up the mask bit - the cutting and eye slitting, if not - i'll be dead by now.

Thursday's schedule proved to be alittle tricky.
9.30am: School to decorate booth with my alphabets in Atrium.
11pm: Met up for Global marketing group meeting in discussion room.
5pm: Dance practise at Grand Hall after i was done with GM meeting.
9pm: Left school and ate dinner home in silence.
10pm Fell asleep.

Friday was the trickiest of the lot!
10.ooam: Woke up cursing because i was late.
11.ooam: Reached school and did a dance run through.
12.10pm: Performance time!
12.30pm: Changed into formal wear and did presenatation dry run
01.30pm: Shoved food into my system
02.00pm: Presentation.
05.00pm: End of GM class
05.45pm: Frantically flagging for cab
06.oopm: Arrived at Swiss Club for Oktober Fest
06.30pm: Start of work
12.30pm: Ended work. Ricky and I posing before going up stage.
Group shot! John, Ricky, Myself and Audrey.
WE all worked hard!! Therefore we deserve this picture. Grinz!
Too bad Adi isnt in this pic, because he deserve acknowledgement too! Without his feedback, help and encouragement, the booth and the performance might not be as successful.
All that gruelling practise has thought me lots, and personally i believe that i have progressed much compared to the initial practise. I have learnt to clean up my steps, be more cooperative, and fight less with my dance partner. ( believe me, i resist alot of movements because i anticipate, so we look like we're fighting more than we're dancing). Lastly, i've learnt to refine my body movements, and hands!


Definitely a gruelling week, i told you.
My feet winces just thinking about all the stress it endured.
Oh right! Pictures of myself in Erdinger's uniform for the Oktober Fest held at the Swiss Club.
Silly but cute little outfit. I even had to braid my hair. Braiding is definitely not hair extension friendly! The rest of the pictures are still with Lyndith, and we'll wait until i get them, before posting up!
Work is fun, if it was not for the fact that i was really tired and fully stretched for the past week.
Food smelt good - all that boiled pork knuckles, fried knuckle, beef golash, sausages, salads, hams and yummy stuff that i could only look. :(


There were many caucasian eye candies present at the festival, and i had a good time oogling, and mingling with them, just to kill time, and make working alittle sweeter.


Til then *waves*