Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The difference between wearing fake lashes and no lashes.

I worked on the etheral feel, with lots of gaussian blurring, and did this.
Read up on tutorial, grasp the basic idea, and fiddled about with layering to create this!
Quite pleased with it, but its still not there yet.
Hurhurhurhur.

Anyway,
Remember my previous post about wearing too much make up?
I reckon i'm on a posting streak at the moment!
Yay!
I'd thought that I shall do a little experiment, just to prove a point!
Here's a picture of me from this multi-purpose-in-one photo session that I did for the contact lens review in my previous entry.

Okay, so you're thinking aloud - what's so special about this picture again?!
If you look at it hard enough, one eye's got fake lash, and the other's Naked. Nekkid!
Lol.


Looks weird, yes.
I have fairly small eyes, asian styled + hidden eyelids, and I cannot help but notice that girls with similar sized eyes, have a tendency to pile on the fake lash - thinking that it would help to compensate for the lack of size.

Well hello!
Contrary to the usual beliefs, the eye without the lash actually look brighter and bigger (and I need to point out that there was no mascara involved in the nekkid eye.)

While the eye with the fake lash actually looked yes more defined, but the definition actually creates the illusion of smaller eyes, as it sort of created a "height limit", capping most of my eye away.

Need more proof?
See for yourself!
I placed the pictures side by one for comparison's sake!
Left is taken after i'm dressed up and ready to leave for Zouk, and left was me in mid preparation, still in my home flutter tee.
Same day, same hairstyle, same room okay?
:D