Monday, December 05, 2011

Goodbye Haatei.

Less than a week ago, I wrote an entry about Haatei the Shiba Inu that I picked up last Sunday.
Haatei has since been reunited with his owners, and his real name is Genji.
Now that we've found his owners, and have gotten real facts to all the assumptions that I've made... I realized that my guesses as been pretty spot on!

I told mom that his owner should be closer to mommy's age, as Haatei seems to be closer to mommy- like following her around seems to be his top priority.

We also guessed that Haatei lives in a landed property - because he's extremely garden trained when it comes to toilet time. That's quite a no brainer.
He never once pee-ed/poo-ed in the house.

The sis "lol-ed" and said that giving him a japanese name part has been spot on as well, since his real name is Japanese inspired.

I also declared to mommy and the brother that his owners cant possibly be english speaking people - for the bugger does not seem to understand English commands much.
I was being mean at that time, but I said his owners could be Indians or foreigners , and true enough his real owners are Taiwanese.
We never guessed about the chinese bit tho, see-ing that most Chinese in Singapore is able to communicate in English language equally fluently.

Rwar! I'm kinda good huh!
Need to sign up with the SPCA to be a dog reuniter detective or something!


Detective work aside,
I cried like mad when I knew I had to return him back to his owners.
:(
But that's just me being a soppy baby as usual.

I am like super sad about being dogless now.
He was such an obedient sweetie (aside for his crazy obstinate urge to mark a every tree and lamp post)

I miss how he'll rest his head on the crook of my elbow area whenever he sees me eating something, and he'll sniff hard - which is his attempt to tell me to share my food with him.
Nope he never gets any from me, but neither does he snatch or even try to lick/eat my food even if it's within his reach.

How many dogs have you met in your life time, that is able to exercise such good self restraint?
--
I was stoning with the dog in the afternoon (post walk and feeding time) as usual, when I received a call from the SPCA and subsequently from his owners.
Within like 30 minutes, his owners came to get him.
I was happy that the doggles was going to be reunited with his owners, but sad at the thought that he'll no longer be around.

Okay, I burst into tears and did what I could do inbetween, like packed up all the food and toys that I've bought for him in a span of 5 days.
Took abit of pictures of him (he was kinda non cooperative when it came to the picture taking part, and I looked like crap anyway)
Said my goodbyes to him and hugged him alot (which he hates).
Burst into tears alot more
and looked really crappy when I met his real owners.

So here we go, my last tear-ry picture of Haatei, wondering what the heck is wrong with me.



Goodbye my dear Haatei the itchy doggles.
I'll miss you for a real long time.

*also resisting the urge not to run over to his place to visit him (even tho his owners said I could)

xoxo



Ps: the fam misses him much as well.
The bro came home that afternoon, and after a substantial amount of time of hunting for the dog in his possible chillout spots, he came out to ask where Haatei was.
The mom too.
and the sister was sad that we no longer have a dog.
:'(