Thursday, December 01, 2011

Haatei

So word has it that there's a new dog on the block!
:D

Yup! It's semi true!

Was out having a late dinner last sunday, and I brought home a Shiba Inu.
To respect the dog's privacy, I shall not ramble too much about how I found him, coz we're still pending some unsettled stuff.

So having given some thoughts and with the help of X..... he came up with some names/words/inspiring idea for me that he thought I may like.

We finally settled the Japanese Word Ha-te-shi (translated to be fate), and after a bout of name and word play on my end....
Haatei was derived!

There's a double pun of word play Haatei sounds pretty close to the word "heart"
Heart-tey!

Anyway people, Meet Haatei!


He's red, and resembles the famous Hachiko alot.
He reminds me of a Fox whenever I steal glances at him!
Haatei has been quite a sweetie so far and is extremely obedient.

He seems to be house trained, and is a pleasure to take care of.

He was stoning in the dining area, when I snapped this picture of him.
Look at how he smiles and pose for the camera!
So happy and so handsome!
He knew I was taking picture, and smiled for this shot.


Now that the doggie's more or less settled into the house routine at my place,
he seems to be sleeping ALOT!

Apart from sleeping, he spends his remaining time trailing behind me/mom/bro (whoever who's home).
WHEN all of us are home, Haatei shuffles back and forth between the bro, mom and I to check on us/camp out with us in our respective rooms.

Writing this entry, I attempted to photobooth with Haatei, and HE yawned and IGNORED ME.
Trotted off to sleep at my door instead.
Sad!

Our only decent photo for tonight.

Our photoboothing attempts was interrupted - I had to answer a phonecall, and the sleepy mister trotted away..
No love from the doggles :(

That's all.

Ps: Was chatting with an old friend about Haatei, and somehow her passing comment about my family's love of sheltering animals etc that I got reminded about how darn lucky I am, to have a mommy who, despite her phobia of animals - has never stopped me from bringing home strays ever since I could remember.

Be it the injured bird that I found in the garden, or the stray kittylet, or even the 20 hamsters that I once housed  at the same time because my schoolmate's hamsters were replicating and humping like hamsters literally (lol) - and her mom threatened to release them in the garden. 
I couldnt bear with the thought that they'll be exposed to the food chain, and took them all home with me in shoe boxes.
There wasn't enough cages to go round, and mommy gave me her basins, planter pots, pails to house them - until I could relocate them. Lol.
Actually she insisted that I relocate them, so she could have her pails and basins back for the maid to resume housework.
There's also the old pair of rabbits, and the current bunny at home that the sister brought home, and now we have Haatei the doggle.

I'm thankful for my mom, the dog and the big guys upstairs for making everything happen, minus the itchy scratching from the dog. 
I have this uber urge to shave the handsome doggle into botak doggle to try and solve his skin problems.
:)