Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Sick + shopping loots

It's been damn long!
I fell sick before christmas, and continued to be sick over the new year.
Having a terribly hacking cough to deal with, it's a sad affair to develop coughing abs.

Spent the entire night frustrated, and I need to rave about it.
I was hungry.
But the only quick accessible food at my beck and call would be the 
party packet of Kit Kats,
the Jappy prawn crackers that is damn awesome! 
I bought them from Takashimaya basement market...takes like 5 prawns to make one cracker, and its MSG free. *yums*
and the remaining 5 boxes of Lychee pocky staring at me....
and the usual Jumbo box of Kokocrunch waving to me to kill hunger pangs..

I willed myself not to eat any of them, because I want that stupid cough to go away.
Ate an entire box of Rambutan and I need to say this aloud...

FIBRE DOES NOT FILL UP THE EMPTY TUMMY!
Ended up hungry after I was done with rambutans and tons of water.
#sadplight
I now officially know why people lose weight when sick.
So many things cannot eat!

I ate lunch at Astons at 5pm - still thinking of the already digested yummy chicken chop 
Ate dinner at home 10pm - hor fan styled seafood beehoon.
and fully digested by 1am - the honey lemon jelly drink I bought at the petrol station did nothing to help with the hunger pangs.

They attracted ants, and I nearly drank them all. Rwar!
Luckily I looked!
I almost ate an ant once, and those stupid tiny things give off a putrid taste in the mouth that reminds me of insecticide. one ant was enough to trigger my gag reflex 
Stupid bugger even bit my tongue while he was at it. *!@$%
My fault that the ant trepassed my drink?!
Pfft.

I spent the entire night reading one of my favourite books to distract myself from the crazy hunger.

The little white horse by Elizabeth Goudge.
I'm such a sucker for nice imaginary stories that involves stars, moons, unicorns.
Finished the book in a night, and feeling a little lost and out of sorts after finishing the book.

It's one of those - what do I usually do to kill time, before I started on the book - kind of feeling.
---

On a brighter note, I met V for lunch, and the sweetie gave me a jar of moisturizer from Lancome.

She knew I had been whining about moisturizers for the longest time, as 
Biotherm stopped producing the range that I like, and I've been shopping for a new "love" ever since.

I was living off testers for close to 2 months... #TrueStory
Because I could not decide on a new brand, nor do I want to buy and shelf the product aside, because my room has limited space.
I live in a matchbox remember?

She recommended the Hydra Zen, and so she passed them for me to try out!
#stressed what if I dont like it?!
She also passed me a couple of other skin stuff, like Kiehl's facial cleanser and this new tester for Lancome's eye cream. Hurhurhur.


Haha. I'm sure I would.
I'll keep reviews for another day.
I feel super loved by my friends and family, even though i'm sick and feeling shitty.

Digressing, the mother went a little nuts on the honey stock piling, just because I told her that I finished up the jar of honey and we needed more.
Honey is damn good for sick people like me, and awesome for people who perpetually have sugar cravings.

Madam mommy bought 3 jars of manuka honey and apparently each jar had  different use.
*sigh* 
I'm a simple girl, I only want the normal drinking type. 
Now still got to remember which jar is for drinking, which is coating the throat / lining the tummy and which to smear on the face (kidding)
Lol.

Digression aside, I went into a slight panic attack mode after lunch with V.
The thought that I would not have any new clothes to wear this coming Chinese New Year, sent me into a frantic mode.

I always have issues getting new clothes during the later half of the year, because Autumn colors do not look awesome on me.... and dreary colors for the winter are quite depressing. The fluffy and thick fabrics aren't exactly a hit with me too...
*cues and laments why isn't there any snow or winter in Singapore?*

The new clothes that I have recently bought and received have since been worn *panics*
Nao, why didn't I think of saving them for the CNY, instead of wearing them immediately!!!!

Since I was in the area, I braved the crowd at Bugis Village and emerged with a few everyday essential loots - not exactly CNY worthy, but I'll at least have new stuff stockpiled for the festive season! 

A romantic looking chiffony tube dress (vivi inspired!) - in my head, I already knew what belt, hair, and accessories I'll fix up with the new dress to get that look in my head.

An off white Asymmetric casual jersey vest for my everyday chillax wardrobe.
It goes pretty nicely with my denim shorts without looking sloppy.

Korean inspired jersey blouse in white,
It's long sleeves, I tell you!
But it's got major holes at the shoulders, to offset the fabric spam.
and I super love the skater silhouette. 
And i can pair it with shorts!
I know how i'm constantly contradicting myself.
Hate to look sloppy, but love to wear shorts - it's an art I tell you!
#JustSaying

My favouritest of the lot, would be the hello kitty frame that I bought!
Leopard/tortoise shell spectacle frames.
I wonder if my optician will entertain me, if I were to bring my frames in and ask for real prescription lens?

Not bad, for a 2 hour shopping stint at Bugis, and none of them were cheap as $10 though :(
Pictures later, when I'm feeling better and interested in dressing up.
Lounging in my pajammies is damn awesome. 
Flop back into bed anytime I fancy, with bed head and geeky specs.
woooo~

Also just bought a nice asymmetrical white top from Tracyeinny as we speak.
I think I am really quite safe now.... no need for panick attacks anymore.