Tuesday, March 06, 2012

My twenty something birthday

Age is such a sneaky little thing.
In a blink, it increased itself again.
Haha.
As with the past year tradition, here's my pre birthday picture of self
So old already, still have not out grown the narcissistic factor yet!


Every year is a different learning journey for me, and I'm grateful for all who have taught me stuff - big or little, its made its own impact in shaping me into the way I am, the friends who stayed by me happy or sad and all who remembered me la!
People who know me well, know that I'm not one who's big on huge pompous celebrations and stuff, and its truly the littlest things that matters to me most.
aww... 

I realize that as we age, its no longer the gifts or fancy schmoozy stuff that matter, but rather the quality of time spent that became the most treasured.
Perhaps its because materially we're all stable, and we've moved to a new stage whereby time never seems to be enough - which is quite unlike the days where we were juvenile little kids, with too much time on hand, and too little money to spend!

Anyway, I started pre celebrations 2 days in advanced - 
X brought me to the Universal Studio to play for the entire day!
It was a surprise trip, because I was forever complaining that no one would go to the USS with me
*love*
Like everyone has already been there, no time, no guts etc.
Because my actual birthday fell on a Saturday, and that we're generally free-er on a weekday + could beat the crowd and waiting time.
BEST EXPERIENCE to start the year with so much swooshing in the gut!


And a weird "halter" tanline.
Funny how I had a funny tanline last year, and now this year, with the same partner in crime somemore!

It was pretty fun, and I was too busy taking all the rides to be bothered about the pictures and all, so pictures will have to wait!

I guess the main highlight to me was the Galactica Ride located at the Sci Fi city.
So which do you prefer? The RED one, or the BLUE one?
Would it be sickening of me to tell you that I actually prefer the BLUE ride better?
Lol. 
Save for a few crazy people, the rest have shown me a sickened look when I told them about my Galactica preference.
Serious! I was smiling mid screaming in all my candid rides!
But all quite tak glam - so I didnt bother about the photo pictures.

Transformer ride was pretty cool too. We went for it twice!
I'll post a separate entry on when I get the pictures yeah?



Stroke of midnight!
Was whisked away to Holland village for a surprise icecream cake!
*beams*


I had to work alittle on the eve of my birthday, and Claud tipped off the girls about my birthday, so we had a mini celebration in the.... wait for it.... toilet!
Haha.
Touched nonetheless.
She also got me this very pretty jacket that I fancied.
I'm wearing it so much until its like my new uniform or something.
haha!

Even mommy used my new favourite jacket as a cheap tactic in her favour...
Like when she found out about my scheduled meeting that I have to attend with Daddy, she was like:

"Please dont go around wearing your shorts ah...wear something more meeting appropriate, there's alot of aunties and uncles there that know both your dad and I, for years."
kind of conversation...

Because she knows that I would possibly rebel and just go ahead with the shorts getup, 
her immediate suggestion was " you could wear your new red jacket with your skinny jeans, or with a dress underneathe..."
Hah!

In my head: hmmm Red Blazer with grey skinny bottom and Red Heels.
Ok Deal!
At least she knows that there's no way that I'll do the corporate look just to erm...please her?
---
Ok, back to birthday right?

I had 2 dinners with the family.
The paper basket steamboat we had was an informal one on my actual birthday
But the pork collar meat is awesome, and the soup is yums as well. 
Finished up everything in less than an hour!
Definitely gonna head back for more soon.





Random cupcakes with that Pretty butterfly ring.


I suggested trying out Meat Haven for the actual birthday dinner, and we had more meat.
*om nom nom*
Travelling to Jalan Kayu was like travelling to Malaysia!
But The ribs is niceeeeeee!
Managed to take pictures of my smoked pepper soup this time. 
Woo lala~



The to-die-for-ribs (serious, I hate eating ribs coz it's so troublesome, but this ones are worth the effort. Could not stop raving about it since the other Daphne's birthday last year.
The fam shared the meat platters, so we could sample everything!

The ribs in 3 sauces - I personally like the sauce with the sesame seed best!
We chose MeatHaven BBQ sauce, Applesauce and Korean BBQ sauce.
No idea which is which...so hello Sesame seed!

The black pork belly that melts in the mouth.
Hmmmm fatty fatty is nice!

Baby beef short ribs is awesome as well - by the time it arrived, I was too engrossed with my food to bother about pictures.
But compared to the first 2 dishes, it was average.

Lastly, the durian fondant for desserts, paired with Vanilla icecream.

Random shot of me trying to show off my newly acquired butterfly ring from the random cupcake!
Not forgetting my birthday red jacket!

I know right, can barely see the design, but for the color.
It's got zipper, casual more biker chickish inspired, #imo

Claud also made me a very pretty photo collage.
I know how painstaking it is for her to sit still and do something artsy, when she could be all over Singapore doing something else.
*hugs*
and that picture of me eating my heartshaped icecream is love!





Mr Wibowo also flew back for my Birthday this year, albeit the slight delays due to work
*touched*
He offered to watch Wicked the musical with me, but to our best knowledge, both of us were unable to crawl up in time to catch it, so we decided on Brunch at Dempsey instead.

Ben had a long whatsapp conversation with me which was deeply appreciated, coz since the arrival of Thaddeus, our friendship time is quite limited due to commitment issues.
But I'm a very understanding Auntie Daphne + last year's celebration from Ben and Fion was pretty awesome, and its truly the thought that matters more to me.
Hahaha 

Of course not forgetting all the wishes and blessings that I've received from Friends and Family through other mediums like Ang pows during CNY (coz my chinese birthday fell on some CNY day), and facebook and messages.
So much love!

You know how people always say count your blessings?
Yep I counted and am thankful for every blessing that I received.

I also ate up most of my HELLO KITTY biscuits already.
wehh....
Every night hungry girl what, what to do?