Friday, July 20, 2012

Shopping alone.

Bestie's back for his food entitlement trip, and some way or another - I got reminded about something he said to me sometime back.

He said that my loner streak is extremely evident whenever it comes to shopping.
I can still remember the day he said that to me, and unknowingly - his words rang in my head just a minute ago.

I remembered the day where we had time to kill before a salsa performance, and everyone went about town doing their own things.
the boys mentioned about getting food, and I declared that I was heading out to shop - when the other girls stated their intention of hitting the shops too.
In response, I disappeared quicker than one can suggest "let's shop together".

Save for a few special people, I rarely shop socially.
I find it extremely annoying actually - for various reasons.
To think about it, perhaps the thought of spending prolonged time together scares me.
For it takes more effort to please another person than to please myself.

---
First of all, I believe that retail therapy is to be done purely at my own for the fact that everyone moves at a different pace.
Some faster some slower.
For when I set out to conquer a building, I WILL.
In heels, at my own pace, many hours without any rest and breaks- I CAN.

I find it odd to have to hang around in an uninteresting store for prolonged browsing just because its rude not to, because someone else is not done browsing yet.
Zzzzz.

Dont get me wrong. Like I said - I do shop with a few special people, but thankfully none of them in my special list happen to be wishy washy ladies.
My patience and team play doesnt go very far in this aspect.
Hahahah.

---
Not forgetting my very odd habit of combing the stores to every tooth and nail when I set my mind to getting a particular style/item that I set my heart on.
I can comb a building twice or triple it, if I think the item can be found within the premise of the building.

This insanity streak is something that a rare few can understand or withstand.
I hunt and source like a tyrant.
#truestory

---
I hate being hampered by opinions aside from my own, which is why I shop alone in the first place right?
But I get opinions anyway, even if I dont ask :(
Dafuq!

I think the most annoying opinion award would probably goes to my mother.

That woman never gets it. Ever!
We can have the same conversation by installments with regards to what I wear out.
Take my hair for example- She has to pick on my hairpiece or the way my hair is being styled when we are already in the midst of traveling, telling me about how they are too exaggerated.

Months later, she'll pick on another of my hair piece again when we're travelling.
Bless her perseverance!
By now, she should have realized that I would NEVER budge for anything in the world once I've set foot out of the house.
Lucky for her, she gets away with a million annoying stuff just because she's mom.

---
I also detest it when people ask me for my opinion, and still do the exact opposite.
For that, I never trap people by asking them for their opinion of whatever outfit I chose for the day.
Maybe it's because I'm not even interested in finding out at all?

Why ask?
Indeed one of the stupidest practise that the society does.
Social shopping? Bah!
Loads of humbug!

Black or yellow, she'll ask.
I say i'd go with the yellow, because it brightens one's skin.
And black she chose, because its easier to match.
zzZzzz..


Should I buy?
No, because it doesnt fit you well.
proceeds to buy anyway.
Seriously, I swear to god that you'll never wear it out, just because you'll never.
So why ask anyway when you've already made up your mind?

---
Lastly, I never understood the rationale behind dragging a guy along when one needs to shop.
Nothing gets accomplished after a day's worth of walking about.
Their opinions are from a whole new mind boggling dimension like - Sweetie, don't you already have a dress that looks something like this in another color/fabric/what you're wearing now?

*Exasperating*
Personally I think its more magical for outfits to be assembled and worn for the next date, than for them to see, sweat and take part in the entire process of wardrobe compilation.


Shopping alone proves to be good, for I'll never need to lie, provide socially pleasing answers, or risk boring my shopping companions.

Peace!