Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sick girl in transit

That's it. I'm officially ill.

It could have been the passing Typhoon, because it rained non stop for 6 days out of the 7 that I stayed in China. (ShenZhen is one of those places that was affected, weather wise)

It could have been daddy that passed his flu over, OR the insane amount of chips that I consumed while I was working in China.
There was this flavour called the little tomato from Lays.
Its got this teeny weeny bit of cooling taste after biting into it, which made junking really refreshing,

In fact, I wasn't intending to consume all that chips in the same trip, but Cat was evil.
she's got this terrible habit of helping herself to my stuff while asking me about it,
and she kept ripping open those chips that I bought and stored conscientiously like a squirrel hiding a nut for winter. 
Luckily I'm usually very easy going with edibles.
Try me with my personal belongings, I might get really angry about it.

And the both of us hung out with the sick daddy alot because of baby kitty. 
On the day before I flew back to Singapore, we both developed a sore throat. 

I was feeling cold on the plane, that I wore a jacket and snuggle under a light weight scarf that I always bring along whenever I travel.
At this point to me, It still seem rather normal to be feeling cold, and pretty much so when I landed back in Singapore on Wednesday night/ Thursday morning.


It was helluva steamed up, sort of hot that I experienced whenever I'm in China. 
The chinese from the southern origins, are really scared of the cold. 
25 degrees airconditioning and they tell me that they're cold.
Pffftt.

To feel somewhat cold when I set foot into Singapore, It's sort of normal behaviour from me right, right?
Afterall, 7 days of freaking non air conditioned summer, it's definitely going to be coldish for me, when I set my foot back into the land of Airconditioning. 
Confirm.

I woke up and met the girls for Japanese food at Sushi Tei on Thursday evening.
Because I was cold, the leather jacket that I brought back this trip became handy.
The jacket was supposed to serve me only when I head over to China for work during Autumn.
We aren't expecting Autumn until end October actually.

The next evening, I even replaced one of my girls at work because she was sick. 
Wahhhh no fair, I'm sick too right! ( I thought about it in my head)
The unperks of managing your own business. No MC option. 
Of course even Claud was out on the field to work as well. 
I hate exams week!

Luckily for me, I'm usually the sort who gets absolutely unaffected by fever and flu and cough, albeit for the slight discomfort and inconvenience I felt + tons of additional sleep that I clock up. 

Take today (saturday), Feverish and Fluish 
I woke up for breakfast at Macs, and went back home to try out that 5 minutes slimming video that I watched earlier.
I fell asleep with my toes tied up, and hands stretched out. I'm not sure if it worked.

Firstly I was too lazy to dig out my measuring tape from the unpacked luggage. 
Secondly I was feeling tired. 
And so I fell asleep post breakfast in the most peculiar pose for awhile. 

Woke up from my nap in a different position. I must have untied my toes while I was asleep!
4 hours is too long to be stuck in the same position, no?

I also decided that staying at home was boring, headed out for bubble tea and bought magazines and then took a bus home. 

I'm usually the sort who'll stroll home, after all it's only about 1600 steps from home, but I decided that I didn't feel like strolling with the 4pm sun above my head when I'm feeling less than awesome.

I reached home.... And the mom decided that we shall head back to where I was from, for dinner. Now that the sun is sort of gone, we walked over for dinner and walked back home, with Thai Express settling well in the tummy post dinner.

This pretty much sums up the day of a sick girl with malfunctioning taste buds. 
I kept eating to get rid of that bland taste lurking in my mouth. 
Thai food was great for my taste bud.

I decided to sliced up some Japanese cucumber for me to munch.
Afterall, cucumbers are good for hydrating purposes, and i'm dehydrating so much through my nose.
For the first time ever!
Snacking on Japanese cucumber tasted bitter to me. No matter how much dip I ate up with the cucumbers, it tasted bitter like the bitter gourd to me.
I fed mom a slice, and she said the cucumbers were fine. Just the flu acting up. :(

Marks and spencer soup was terribly tasteless as well. :( 

Just super glad that I'm rarely ill. 
Maybe just like once a year?
My immune system deserves a holiday break, and I'll live with the inconvenience for now. 

Night!