Saturday, October 05, 2013

Itchy bed sheet.

Ever heard of the Danish story of a princess and the pea?
The one where only a true princess will be sensitive enough to feel the pea through 20 mattresses. 

I used to think that it's a tall story. 
Pun intended.
The illustrative pictures had this princess climbed up a ladder to sleep on 20 mattresses, which reminded me alot of a stack of pancakes! 


And how is it even possible for her to be bruised blue and black just by a pea? 
Ridiculous! 

Anyway, I digress too much. 
Perhaps she's way too sensitive.

Here I am, lying in bed with freshly changed sheets, wondering just why oh why that I can't possibly last another few more days, ( hence postpone the changing of bed sheets until the week after)  since I'm about to travel off in a couple of days time. 

Logically it really doesn't make sense to change sheets just before a trip. 

Physically I'm itching all over, and I could feel bites creeping all over until I strip my bed off the old ones and replace them with new ones immediately!

Yep, even if its 5am in the morning, it's absolutely unavoidable, or I'd be sleepless with itchy rashed skin. 

Is it just me, because my skin is sensitive, or does this happen to everyone (only that no one in my social circle ever talks about it?) 

I'm actually quite sure that this isn't the first post of me whining about itchy sheets, and changing them at weird hours just because it gets really unbearable without much warning. 
Like clockwork. 

* this itchy bed syndrome started waaaay before I had the dog. Besides she's never allowed up my bed. 

In fact, I only ever started experiencing itch when the family decided to do away with the maid, and bed sheet hygiene was left entirely to our own discretion ( and mother's nagging).

Somehow, the brother and sister are able to keep up with their pig sty lifestyle much longer than I could.
 *i swear that I'm the only one inflicted with this problem to date.
:(

Alright.
Bedtime! 

Xoxo
Unitch the sleepy daphne or perhaps live in hotels forever! 
Clean sheets ftw!