Friday, January 27, 2012

Trixie and dots

It's official!
The family's adopting Trixie the miniature schnauzer.
When I first brought her home, my biggest worry was whether she could win the hearts of the fam - and she did it like a pro.

EVERYONE including mommy (who's like really afraid of dogs since like forever) and Daddy ( who really is a cat person), Da and Jan is okay with her.
Probably only the Bunny isn't exactly overjoyed by her presence, but he's okay with her now.

My first week with Trixie proved to be kinda tricky.
She is quite the poop and pee machine.
Everytime I avert my eyes for a split second, a puddle or a pile of poop would surface.

It was exasperating.
I felt like I was Cinderella with the never ending chore of cleaning up after the dog.
The kitchen napkins, rag and mop was like my best friend.
For someone who rarely holds the mop, I lost count of the number of times I held the mop in just one day - record breaking.
Urgh.

May I present to you...
*drum rolls*
Trixie Lee!


My introductory picture of Trixie the schnauzer to my world.
Long and messy beard + eyebrows on her first day at home.

I couldnt live with the messy long beard and eyebrows, and I took matters in my own hands!
( it was rather unfortunate that the grooming places weren't available - as it was the Lunar new year peak period.)

I trimmed her brows and beard myself!
Tralalalla...

So much neater, but she looks like a boy.
Meh...


A close up of her in the day, while she was lounging in my room.
She had her "whatcha staring at?" face.


Love this picture of her to bits!
It was kinda candid.
She was sort of tired from the endless camera snapping, and so happened that one of her ear was flopped backwards + we could see her brown eyes for the first time, as most pictures with normal lighting kinda just hid her pretty eyes away along with her black and silver fur.

My master piece isn't so bad for a first timer grooming huh?


It's been about 2 weeks since I've brought her home, and Trixie seems to be progressing a little with the potty training, adjusting fantastically to her new family and home, and seems to have picked up a trick or 2 for future show and tell.

She's quite a smart little doggle, with very short attention span.
Terribly stubborn and extremely needy - she whines every time I leave home (with or without the rest of the family) and sits by the door until I return home.
Awwww....

My niam niam (sticky) little sweetie - that's what I call her.
Mommy refers to her as my precious.

This Lunar New year is very much sweetened with her presence.
Gives the family an extra topic to gather about - and a good source of entertainment just watching her going about with her silly antics.

---
Ask and you shall be given.

It was funny how everything fell into place, as if everything was pre planned.
I asked for a dog, and in a twist of fate, I met 2 dogs.

Just back in October, I was 90% convinced about getting a toy poodle, and extremely bent on naming her Bambi.
Only that time wasn't right for me to bring "Bambi" home.

Yet just a couple of months down, there was Haatei's short stay with us (you can also read up why he's stay with us turned our to be short here), and now we have Trixie that found her way effortlessly into our hearts with so much love and affections to share with us.

Without Haatei's short existence, Trixie's entrance into our home would not have been easy.
Haatei proved to mommy that not all dogs are ill behaved.
He showed her the full potential of an obedient, well trained dog.
That with proper guidance and training, there was nothing to fear - despite his physique in size.

She even allowed him to sleep next to her bed while she was napping.
That was how calming a presence he was to mommy - who's been scared of dogs her entire life.

---
My point in jotting this side note, is to remind us that life isn't all that we set out to be.
Everything happens for a reason; that is surely to help shape us for our intended future.
Without the past, we wouldn't appreciate our future.

For every situation that presents itself to me, I'm learning to take them at my own stride - one step at a time.

Fighting the control freak in me, who is adamant about grasping details and making choices my way. 
I'm slowly learning to understand that there IS a bigger plan out there, waiting for me to fit into the role, and contribute my worth to the world + NOTHING is within my control

As how I always love quoting Steve Jobs pertaining to this matter, as he has done a fantastic job in summarizing words that I am unable to put forth:

You cannot connect the dots looking forward.
You can only connect them looking backwards.
So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.
Trusting in something, ~ your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever ~ because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart,
even if it leads you off the well-worn path, and that will make all the difference.


I guess, this pretty much summarizes life as zen-ly as I can.