Thursday, December 06, 2007

Good bye Pebbles.



5 Dec 2007.
Goodbye Pebbles, my little teddy bear.
I'll miss you. It wasn't too long ago when i brought you back home. You were such a cute little hammie baby, and you grew up to be such an endearing little fella with that dauntless front you always showed me, even towards the end.
I wished you could have stayed with me for a little longer.
You'll always be my special little star.

Pebbles related entries
Arrival - The household additions. 26 feb 2006
ICU - Being an animal nurse
Last - His last picture - my discovery.
It was merely less than 2 months since i discovered his "tumor" problem.
Da and i spent a night discussing his condition, researching and reading up, and we decided against euthanasia for 2 reasons.
1) Despite the presence of huge bulborous tumors, Pebbles' cheerful deposition never faltered. He was cheerful, alert, and always does what a brother does - to care for Tiger Lily.
If Pebbles doesnt give up on his life, why should we give up on him?
2) Tiger Lily's reliance on Pebbles for friendship, companionship, and to care, groom and feed her. It is just too cruel to seperate them.

He bravely battled his illness for as long as he could withstand, and i'm proud of him truly.
He taught me perseverance, courage and love that i never knew tiny animals were capable of.
Goodbye little one.

Also see Dalena's entry for a more coherent entry.